Shelly 1 button driver and connectivity

Hi Chaps,

Just looking around at a few ideas to start to design my new home project. Has anyone has success with the below Shelly 1 button.

It would be used for a additional button in a room to turn the lights off in my daughters room and also a few additional button dimmers for lamps in my media room.

Any advice is appreciated guys.

Carlos

Should be compatible. Create virtual device then switch to shelley driver and put in the ip of the device (make sure you set a dhcp reservation for it)

There isn't a built-in Shelly Button1 driver, at least as far as I know. You'll need one from the community.

I thought there was a native one. My bad

1 Like

Plenty of ZigBee button options. I love the old smartthings now aeotec button for that purpose as well.

Amazon.com.au

Great super easy mate. Great tip !

Carlos

Here are my comments on the Shelly Button 1. I have removed them from service due to rapid connects to Wifi was causing delays before commands were sent to be processed by Hubitat. Other than that if you had a single button press etc and didn't have to do anything within the next minute with the button it worked great.

The issue is my use case was to use the button on the night stand and at night I would hit the button to bring up the lights a bit and then a few seconds later hit it gain to turn the lights off. I would get 8 to 10 seconds before the button would reconnect to WiFi and the command was received.

My use case did pivot after I posed this:

Hi, Installed your Shelly_experimental driver 0.0.25, but how do you get the button working? It shows up as a device with a 'common' and a 'button1'. But I am unable to get a working action. Tried to do actions as a Button Controller and actions with the Rule Machine, but none worked.
The log shows receiving messages, but it only says "Shelly device message received".
I am doing something wrong, but no idea what.
Anybody able to give some instructions on what is wrong?

Will you please PM me screenshots of your "Shelly Button1" device page, including its child devices? There should be two -- one "Shelly Common" and one "Shelly Button Child".

Enable logging on the "Shelly Common" child device.

Then include in the PM the full Logs output when you press Configure on the "Shelly Button1" device, and the Logs output when you press the physical button after that.

I am expecting to see an additional log entry that begins with parse()