SharpTools.io Dashboard and Rule Engine

I would submit a ticket with the Hubitat team as it seems to be affecting all apps which try to authorize against Hubitat. (eg. IFTTT / Alexa / SharpTools)

1 Like

Sounds good. Will shoot them a message with a link to this thread. They probably already know but doesn't hurt.

I sent them a note as well. :smiley: Sometimes it's helpful to get the tickets in so the severity is known.

1 Like

Just tried adding devices in sharptools.io and HE web UI successfully. Maybe it's back online now.

1 Like

That is what I am doing too for Message Central.

So there's an official Open Weather Map driver from Hubitat.
They still provide API access.
Is there anyway we can petition to have it modified to work with Sharptools.io?

Just trying to think of how to make this as native as possible with an API that works here in 2018.
Just schemin!

1 Like

I'll take a look and see what's missing / different.

Thanks, no rush. I'm bummed I can't find my weather underground API key. Plus I can't get the built in weather underground driver to auto update... Reliably at least. Using some silly persons API key they posted publicly... I know bad bad.

Several of these community drivers use APIXU and work really well too. APIXU is still issuing API keys too. :grin:

1 Like

I just migrated from smartthings over the last few days I have everything set up and automated. Trying to get sharptools set up but keep getting the error invalid request try again. I have removed the app readded, have one switch setup currently. Have rebooted the hub several times. My Alexa connection is working fine. Any help much appreciated.

It looks like the Hubitat authorization servers are having issues again. After selecting a hub location, it immediately redirects with an error when trying to authorize any cloud services.

I would suggest submitting a ticket to Hubitat so they are aware of the severity. I'm doing the same now.

SharpTools

IFTTT

Alexa

Same here I've been banging my head against the wall wondering if there was secret sequence to get to work.

1 Like

Just tried again, and it worked

2 Likes

So I just gave the APIXU another shot. It's actually really good.
It was much easier than I thought. I was an idiot and didn't see my API key in the URL they give you. Much thanks to @bangali .

2 Likes

Is there any way to turn off the incessant logging that sharptools does. It's useful for debugging but the rest of time makes logs usable and kills the time span of data available in past logs.

1 Like

It's on my hitlist. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is good stuff ... just started playing with this a couple of days ago :smile:

Would be nice to be able to have a Label option for space/blank tiles ... and for the lazy (me), a Duplicate Dashboard command would be great, LOL.

1 Like

Glad to hear that you are enjoying things and thanks for the suggestion on the label for space/blank tiles. Can you clarify what you mean? I'm interpreting it something like the following:

Duplicating dashboards is on the short list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, me too, LOL ... or maybe the label in the middle of the tile.

I wasn't sure if you might want to adjust other properties like font sizing, positioning, etc. In which case I was thinking it might make for 'Label' tile or something of the sort rather than just adding a label to the spacer. :smiley:

How did you plan on using it?