SharpTools.io Dashboard and Rule Engine

Behind the scenes, when you use the Manage Connections page, it initiates an OAuth flow with Hubitat and if you don't already have the app installed it will automatically install the app. If the app is already installed, it updates the configuration with your selections. The end of that process is what kicks off the SharpTools platform to sync with Hubitat for an updated list of devices.

It's a bit like how you can change device selections for Alexa, but you still have to run discovery in the Alexa app or on your device - but I don't like that either! It's on my hitlist to have the sync process automatically kickoff whenever you update the devices locally in your Hubitat administration UI. That way you would be able to change things in either place and everything would just stay in sync!

PS. The install flow is slightly different from SmartThings, where the SmartApp could only be installed via the OAuth flow - so I see the confusion!

Edit: I went ahead and knocked this out today. Now you can edit your device selections from the SharpTools App in the Hubitat administration UI and those changes will be synced to SharpTools without having go through Manage Connections again.

Ah OK. Well I have no reference to SmartThings, but thank you for attempting to bolster my IQ :grin:

One more question, and if it's not already a known issue I'll send a note to support. Seems the wind speed doesn't follow my setting. I had @Cobra 's driver set to MPH by mistake and so I changed it to KPH, but it still shows MPH on the dashboard. I refreshed and it's the same. Removed the tile and added again, still the same. Re-authorized HE, removed the tile and then added again. Still the same.

Why would anyone want to display things in their local unit of measure? :stuck_out_tongue:

All joking aside, I was just talking with @bangali about this and I'll update the weather tile to automatically to pull the units from the wind attribute.

1 Like

@josh

Have a look here:

Weather Conditions - Api Doc | Apixu.com

Andy

Thanks.

Are there specific examples you would want to visually differentiate? To me, all of the following are pretty darn similar: patchy rain possible, patchy light drizzle, light drizzle, light rain, moderate rain at times, moderate rain, and light rain shower

:thinking:

Hey! I’m English.
We are connoisseurs of rain!

You can’t just describe “drizzle’ as rain :slight_smile:
Light drizzle is completely different to heavy drizzle.
Rain is completely different to patchy rain
:slight_smile:

Seriously though, I just mapped most of these to “rain”

Andy

2 Likes

And don’t get me started on the different kinds of snow!

2 Likes

Here in California, we have a dozen terms for "it's just really nice." :slight_smile:
Sunny, mostly sunny, patchy clouds.

For everything else, it's just called "miserable." :smiley:

Little bit of rain = miserable.
Little bit of fog = miserable.
Anything that causes more traffic = miserable.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

You sound like a ferengi....

1 Like

I pushed an update tonight based on feedback received - thanks again for sharing your suggestions!

• You can now change your device selections from the SharpTools App in the Hubitat administration UI and it will sync the changes over to SharpTools automatically
    • Note that you can still use Manage Connections on SharpTools.io if you prefer that as it's the same list of device selections :slight_smile:
  • Updates to the weather tile based on feedback - the various attributes will display even if they are a numeric 0 (eg. 0% chance of precipitation). The units for wind tries to fall back to getting the units from the device... but it looks like the units aren't being sent over properly so I'll look into that.
  • Things in the 'Add Item' list are sorted by name
  • Added Dimmer support - tap the dim level in the corner of a dimmer tile to change the dim level
3 Likes

I setup my sharptools.io account. I authorized the hub. The app gets installed, I see the subscriptions happen in the log, but I just get this

[app:761](http://10.0.0.53/logs#app761)2018-08-18 07:44:06.271:errorError sending event to SharpTools.io: Unauthorized

[app:761](http://10.0.0.53/logs#app761)2018-08-18 07:44:06.242:errorError sending event to SharpTools.io: Unauthorized

constantly in the logs.

In sharptools.io, it says I have no authorized locations and I can't add tiles.
I've tried the process several times. Rebooted the hub. Can't get it working.

Doug-
Sorry that things aren't working as expected - thanks for commenting.

Do you have any parent-child devices? We've seen two reports of users able to complete the authorization flow, but not seeing any Locations or Things. When we looked into it, something about having the parent-child devices seems to be causing problems. If I remember correctly, both users had Innovelli 2 channel devices authorized. As soon as they deauthorized those, they were able to get things authorized and working.

So a first step might be to try authorizing just a single simple on/off switch to make sure it's not a specific device giving you headaches. :slight_smile:

PS. I received your ticket and replied there as well.

That makes sense. Yes I have Rooms Manager and Envisalink Integration, both having child apps and devices that I have selected.

Let me try keeping it simple.

Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Apple router? just curious. Notice you have a lot of "unauthorized: errors that crop up for apps I've not had any issue with. Wondering if the router you're using could be causing issues?

1 Like

It was an HE cloud relay connectivity issue. The cloud links for the built-in HE dashboards weren't working either. A second reboot of the hub got him up and running. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt help Josh!

2 Likes

No. Internally I have an Orbi.

1 Like

I am also having trouble authorizing hubitat. Tried several reboots and the cloud links for dashboards work.

So the cloud links for the built-in dashboards work for you? Can you describe what problem you are having or what error messages you are seeing?

Also, not sure if you saw the note from the original post, but if you have any parent-child devices like the Innovelli 2 Channel switches, don't check those as part of the authorization. Try authorizing just a single simple on/off switch as a starting point.

I guess I missed that, with a couple lights and motion sensors selected and a reboot the linking seems to be working. Is there a fix in the works for child devices?