SharpTools.io Dashboard and Rule Engine

We still have to release it first, but yes, I agree! :smiley:

We pushed out another exciting SharpTools.io feature release which includes new Calendar tiles and News Feed (RSS) tiles.

Check out the following community post for more details:

4 Likes

What am I missing, that I cannot find "Notify Virtual Values" anywhere????

'Notify' is the action in Rule Machine. 'Virtual Values' is the name of the virtual device created with the virtualValues.groovy device driver I created.

I'll respond to your PM as this isn't directly related to SharpTools (what this thread is about). :grinning:

Hey @josh, not sure this is a bug or not supported but I could only add one HE hub to Sharptools. Adding one will remove the other with the same Hubitat account.

1 Like

Thanks for the note - I've replied via PM to get a few more details. Curious if you are able to authorize multiple hubs on any other service connected with Hubitat. :smiley:

Thanks! Looks like Hubitat is the issue and not Sharptools. No go with Amazon and Google Home on multi HE hubs as well.

1 Like

I've ordered another hub so I can attach multiple hubs to a single account and see if there's some way to work around this - or work with the HE team to see if we can find a solution. :smiley:

(I have multiple hubs, but I've kept each one on their own account for testing - doh!)

3 Likes

We just released another awesome SharpTools.io platform update which is loaded with features including new dashboard backgrounds, transparent tiles, and loads of other features. Check out the following community post for more details:

7 Likes

I was using this before the update and I have to say that the whole program is annoying. It was faster on my old cheap tablet before the update - and why do I have to click and click through all these screens each time I get back on, I do not know how many screens but its more than normal --just to get to the buttons every time I restart the connection and have to re-authorize devices each time.. can't it just recall the last session? If I want to authorize devices, I can do in settings when I choose. It is so sluggish now; though, I press a button and a 3 to 4 second lag occurs most all the time on everything. Editing devices and placing Tiles has all this jumpy and crazy alignments and things that I spent an hour on just get all jumbled up. I am sure this is all because this is like Beta software and we are all testers --and is more of a comment to see if others are experiencing the same issues and if there is a reason for the issues I am having.

Thanks for the message and sorry that things aren't working as expected for you. Can you shoot us a note at support@sharptools.io so we can help you troubleshoot?

It would be helpful to include details on what specific make/model of 'old cheap tablet' is being used.

I'm not sure what you mean by clicking and clicking through screens when you get back on? If you're using a browser like Fully Kiosk Browser, just make sure to set your Start URL to the full URL of a specific dashboard. If you've used the Add to Homescreen approach, the same concept applies - make sure to add the specific dashboard you want to launch to your homescreen.

If I'm understanding what you are saying correctly, you definitely shouldn't need to do this. If you are having to reboot your hub and/or reauthorize your devices frequently, then something else is likely going on. Is your hub stable in other respects? Are other apps having issues?

Interesting - we made some improvements around device control speed and have had feedback from several people that things are faster for them, so this definitely isn't the expected result! You mentioned that this is occurring on everything though, so it almost sounds like the tablet itself might be extra slow in using the dashboards in general?

1 Like

I do not mean restarting the Hub, I mean when I log into the SharpTools Dashboard on the PC or the Tablet and restart the login into the Dashboard. I am getting the same delay and I have to click through all these login pages, including selecting the Hub I want -- then, after going through all those pages, do I get to the screen with the devices. The Tablet is an Asus K010

Thanks for the additional details - something definitely isn't working as expected.

The logins to SharpTools.io are long-lasting - you should stay logged in until (1) data in the browser is cleared (2) you manually logout (3) a major change is made to your account. The last item is a security precaution - if you make a major change to your SharpTools account like linking accounts or resetting passwords, you sessions might get logged out on other devices.

My suspicion is that this is related to the first item though - what browser are you using for accessing SharpTools dashboards on the ASUS Transformer? I'm wondering if the device is running out of memory and clearing the data in the browser or something of that nature.

--

I'm not sure I follow the second part of the comment though - once you are logged into your SharpTools account (using the same credentials you used before), it should take you to the User Page where it lists the locations you currently have connected to your account.

If you then select 'Dashboards' from the top navigation (larger screen like a PC) or tap the menu in the top-left corner and select 'Dashboards', you should see the list of your dashboards. Are you not seeing the user page with your list of locations after logging in? If not, what are you seeing?

For example, here's a quick video showing the flow after I manually signed-out of my account (to simulate a fresh sign-in):
https://imgur.com/a/61iFqEG

And if your browser is working as expected and keeping you logged in, then when you visit SharpTools.io, it should automatically have you logged in and take you to the user page - from there, you can use the navigation to open the dashboards.

https://imgur.com/a/t4euzLi

1 Like

Something i had happen that caused me to constantly log out of sharptools till i figured it out. One of my kids turned on the clear cache option every reload in fully browser. clear cache = have to login again.. just a random thought i'd throw out there

2 Likes

Yes -- my cache was forcing this to happen. All is fine now for the most part, but man, it's hard to keep the tiles from shifting to the right, just as I get them set up the way I want. Every time a tile is added many of them shift.. trying to use placeholders as a way to lock them in but that does not seem to work much either.

1 Like

@josh

It looks like you can only connect a Sharptools account to ONE hubitat hub. Is there a possibility to connect it to >1 in the future???

I have 3 hubs, and it would be really nice to see devices from any of them in Sharptools.

It's something we're looking into. As far as I'm aware, all the official Hubitat integrations only support a single hub being authorized at a time. For example, if I try to authorize a second Hubitat hub on Google Assistant or IFTTT, it replaces the authorization of the first hub and only the second remains - same with SharpTools. (This is different than SmartThings where the additional hubs get added to the authorization)

Gotcha. @chuck.schwer mutliple hubs on Sharptools would be super handy...

1 Like

Just wanted to clarify my message. I don't mean to point this as something Hubitat is doing 'wrong' by any means - just that it's different than the SmartThings authorization flow.

With SmartThings authorization, authorizing another hub will add access to both hubs via a single token. With Hubitat, it seems each hub's authorization returns a token that is unique to that one hub only and the lifecycle is tied to that hub alone.

We've done some analysis and believe it's something we can work around on our side, but it's not an insignificant amount of work.

Either way, I appreciate you tagging Chuck. As always, he's reached out in a kind and helpful way to better understand what's going on. :grinning:

Understood, and thank you both! I certainly wasn't saying it was any specific person/company's 'fault' either. Just that it would be super handy for those of us with multiple hubs if it could be figured out. :smile: