SharpTools.io Dashboard and Rule Engine

Same here I've been banging my head against the wall wondering if there was secret sequence to get to work.

1 Like

Just tried again, and it worked

2 Likes

So I just gave the APIXU another shot. It's actually really good.
It was much easier than I thought. I was an idiot and didn't see my API key in the URL they give you. Much thanks to @bangali .

2 Likes

Is there any way to turn off the incessant logging that sharptools does. It's useful for debugging but the rest of time makes logs usable and kills the time span of data available in past logs.

1 Like

It's on my hitlist. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is good stuff ... just started playing with this a couple of days ago :smile:

Would be nice to be able to have a Label option for space/blank tiles ... and for the lazy (me), a Duplicate Dashboard command would be great, LOL.

1 Like

Glad to hear that you are enjoying things and thanks for the suggestion on the label for space/blank tiles. Can you clarify what you mean? I'm interpreting it something like the following:

Duplicating dashboards is on the short list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, me too, LOL ... or maybe the label in the middle of the tile.

I wasn't sure if you might want to adjust other properties like font sizing, positioning, etc. In which case I was thinking it might make for 'Label' tile or something of the sort rather than just adding a label to the spacer. :smiley:

How did you plan on using it?

For starters, I could use this to "group" related devices under the label; as a "separator".

1 Like

Any plans to add manual fan control to the thermostat tile?

I don't believe we've received a request for this before (at least it's not in our tracker!). I'd need to look into how the thermostats report their fan modes as I recall that different thermostats report different fan modes. (eg. different thermostats support a different subset of available fan modes: on, off, auto, circulate, etc)

It looks like the ThermostatFanMode capability has an attribute that reports the available modes in the attributes supportedThermostatFanModes.

Were you thinking it would be another option that could show up in the modal window that pops up when you tap the 'Adjust' text in the bottom-left corner of a tile?

Something like the following (although probably will be dynamic based on the fan modes your thermostat supports):

2 Likes

That is exactly what I am hoping to see. I'm using the generic zigbee thermostat with a Centralite Pearl, let me know if you need any information from me, be glad to provide it.

The generic driver has a few things I don't need but the ThermostatFanMode suggests the proper value at all times (on or auto) and while the generic driver provides a couple methods to change that (fanOn, fanCirculate) both result in the same thing: ThermostatFanMode reporting on and thermostatOperatingState reporting "fan only" if the heat or air is otherwise not being called for. Not sure there is the option to have "off".

Thanks for the additional details. If you already have the device authorized in SharpTools.io, can you send me a screenshot of the device details:

1. Open your SharpTools.io user page
  2. Tap the ... next to your location
  3. Tap the link for your Thermostat
  4. Screenshot the page and share it here or via PM

Based on the capability definitions I've seen, I was thinking I would use the supportedThermostatFanModes attribute to determine the available valid modes and then use the setThermostatFanMode(mode) method so it could be dynamically set.

Otherwise I would have to hard code buttons for the core defined fan mode methods fanOn(), fanAuto(), fanCirculate()... but that would rule out unique fan modes that some thermostats might have (eg. off, eco)

Makes good sense to me, I know there are multi-speed fans on a lot of modern furnaces, etc. So who knows how many different states some of them have...

I will warn you, this appears to be an un-loved option as even google doesn't implement it in their thermostat support.

1 Like

Started my wall mount tablet running sharptools and rainlender light. Wife is onboard with me cutting a bigger hole on the wall from an ipad 2 to this nice 17.3 iView-1760AIO All-In-One computer running windows 10 home.
I pick this over the galaxy view due to the OS, age and easier to manage. Not fully complete yet but right now. I have the power connected to an iris plug so. the display will switch to screen saver ( playing family photos) after 5 minutes with no activity and on AC power. Display goes blank after 5 minutes with battery power.

Set a couple of rules with HE to shut off power to the plug in Away mode or night mode. This turns the display blank. Power in home mode and starts screen saver. Been playing around for 2 days but Sharptools is the winner with the family so far. There are various tabs for heat, blue irs etc..

Next step is the frame for the display and frameless webrowser.

111 22

7 Likes

That looks awesome - thanks for sharing! You mentioned cutting a bigger hole - is part of the device currently recessed?

You should post it in the Share your cool SharpTools project thread on the SharpTools.io community as well!

1 Like

I want the display to be as flush to the wall as possible and as you can see in the pic below. There's quite a recessed box in the back. I also have to take the back and board apart to remove the stand. Also installed a 250 gigs ssd drive for extra storage.

Will definitely share it on sharptools.io when it's completed.

3 Likes

That looks quite nice.

1 Like

@josh I am just now starting to play with the SharpTools.io dashboard. On my weather tile the 'weather' attribute has not changed from 'overcast' for the last few days and 'wind' has not changed from '0'? The other data is changing appropriately. I have verified that my driver is populating those with real values that are different. 'weather' shows up in both SmartTiles and in a customer attribute tile in Hubitat dashboard. And 'wind' shows up on a custom attribute Hubitat dashboard (it is not on the SmartTiles weather tile). I just noticed that is looks like localSunrise is off too?

Any Ideas why these would not update? Do I have the correct attributes (weather and wind)?

It is more than just a translation between 'Overcast' and 'Scattered Cloud' in this example. SharpTools.io remained 'Overcast' as the other tiles changed to 'Clear' and other options too.

Thanks.