Sharp Aquos TV Driver

Changed ISP's and reconstructed my LAN. Now, I can't get this driver to work again. Can someone (re)post the initialization sequence? TIA!

@teronl just install the latest driver version above and reboot your hub and it should settle down.

1 Like

Yessir! Thanks. It did settle down after a couple of reboots.

Did you ever get the logging to shut off? I can't. They keep turning back on. Thanks.

I edited the driver to turn the logging off.

Thanks, mate. Ya know, right after I sent you the message, I got bold and did the same. It worked!

1 Like

@cybrmage just updated to Hubitat Release 2.2.0.132 and am getting a startup failed error. @teronl are you seeing this too?

Summary

dev:10252020-05-24 01:39:41.490 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: General error during canonicalization: Importing [java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit] is not allowed java.lang.SecurityException: Importing [java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit] is not allowed at com.hubitat.hub.executor.SecureASTCustomizerHub.assertImportIsAllowed(SecureASTCustomizerHub.java:623) at com.hubitat.hub.executor.SecureASTCustomizerHub.access$200(SecureASTCustomizerHub.java:125) at com.hubitat.hub.executor.SecureASTCustomizerHub$SecuringClassVisitor.visitField(SecureASTCustomizerHub.java:686) at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode.visitContents(ClassNode.java:1068) at com.hubitat.hub.executor.SecureASTCustomizerHub.call(SecureASTCustomizerHub.java:565) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToPrimaryClassNodes(CompilationUnit.java:1065) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation(CompilationUnit.java:603) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.processPhaseOperations(CompilationUnit.java:581) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:558) at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.doParseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:298) at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:268) at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader$parseClass$1.call(Unknown Source) at com.hubitat.hub.executor.ExecutorHelper.parseDevClass(ExecutorHelper.groovy:284) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1093.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:210) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:59) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:174) at com.hubitat.hub.executor.ExecutorHelper.loadDriverClass(ExecutorHelper.groovy:331) at com.hubitat.hub.executor.ExecutorHelper.getCachedDeviceClass(ExecutorHelper.groovy:311) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor545.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:210) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:59) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:166) at com.hubitat.hub.executor.ExecutorHelper.getDeviceExecutorScript(ExecutorHelper.groovy:268) at com.hubitat.hub.executor.ExecutorHelper$getDeviceExecutorScript$0.call(Unknown Source) at com.hubitat.handler.BaseDeviceHandler.getDeviceExecutor(BaseDeviceHandler.groovy:392) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor558.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:210) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:59) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:166) at com.hubitat.handler.BaseDeviceHandler.runDeviceMethodPrivate(BaseDeviceHandler.groovy:185) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor557.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:210) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:59) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:174) at com.hubitat.handler.BaseDeviceHandler.runDeviceMethod(BaseDeviceHandler.groovy:137) at com.hubitat.handler.BaseDeviceHandler$runDeviceMethod.call(Unknown Source) at com.hubitat.hub.job.GenericJob.execute(GenericJob.groovy:56) at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202) at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573) 1 error (getDeviceState)

I'm getting the same.

@bravenel looking at past topics this General error during canonicalization error has appeared before after Hubitat software updates. I waited to updated a couple weeks and just did to the latest 2.2.0.152 but it might have occurred on one of the updates before that. Is this due to a security update? I this something that needs to be fixed on the Sharp Driver side or Hubitat firmware side?

Thanks

I'm running .131 and it no longer works. I do not have logging turned on right now. So, I can't see what the error is.

I'm pretty sure 131 is the version that broke it, because I use the driver quite a bit now that we're on the patio a lot.

I went into the Sharp Driver Groovy and hit save and got this message.

Importing [java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit] is not allowed

What does this mean in retrospect to the recent Hubitat Updates that seem to have broke the driver?

Looks like it doesn't like [java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit] in line 13. Does this need to be modified and to what?

Looks like a pretty harmless class... just returning the current time or something. My programming skills are super rusty. So, hopefully, @bravenel or someone like that will jump in and rescue us.

Anyone have any update, would really like to get my tv working again. Was this a security hole that was plugged?

1 Like

@cybrmage just checking to see if you had any thoughts on what it would take to fix the [java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit] issue we are experiencing. Thanks.

@cybrmage @Angus_M @teronl @Gnant @teronl @bravenel
Love to have this working again, or at least some clues as to what it would take to fix the java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit error.

Thanks

1 Like

Clearly, this thread doesn't meet the standard for response. It was fun while it lasted.

this should be fixed in 2.2.1

1 Like

IT's FIXED!. Thank you so much @chuck.schwer the latest update fixed the issue with this driver. :+1:

1 Like