Share Your Data Logging and Visualization Implementations

Just wanted to share that I also set up InitialState tonight. Very easy! See instructions above - just make sure you edit the key before you add the app. Already been tweaking the code (no, I'm not a coder) to add other sensor values. No server required!

Scratch that. Damn you are right.

Stupid question, but I'm thinking of trying Hundredeyes, and I'm wondering if I could easily edit the InfluxLogger code to post there instead.

Specifically if I could/should modify the postToInfluxDB(data) method to push to their API URL instead (e.g. https://www.hundredgraphs.com/api?key=AAbbCC&node=10&json={House:2111.571,Total:2111.571} ) where I replace that with the "data' built for Influx?

Thanks for any confirmation, I'm not familiar with Influx at all and what it's data input looks like.

Interested as well!

I have been using the InfluxDb Logger for a few months and was happy with it except that I couldn't access some device attributes without modifying the logger code to add the attribute names. In the end I made a new version for myself that gives access to all the attributes directly from the interface. The previous interface is still available and a switch allows to select one mode or the other (classic vs all attributes). Here is the code if anyone needs something like that:

[Update: It seems that the attributes that are not defined as part of the "capabilities" ("temperature" is part of capabilities, "temp1 "is not...) cannot be logged using events so they will only be logged using soft polling. I always used soft polling in the past so I never noticed it. Might look more into that]

[Update 2: Oh well, the logger actually receives the events for all the attributes, not just the "capabilities" one, the problem seems to be related to a race condition between multiple events now arriving almost all at the same time (many attributes from the same device) in the logger and some of them getting dropped when adding them to the queue. There is a "synchronized" statement in the logger when queuing but it is not making things work perfectly.... Using soft polling as I use to do was going around those problems...

[Update 3: problems solved, see next post, I have removed the code from this post]

1 Like

I finally solved the concurrency problem I was seeing in the code from my previous post. The problem was more apparent in my case but I don't see why it couldn't happen in the original code too.

When devices create events very close to one another, there is concurrency for writing to the logger queue and some events get lost. In my case, around 6 events were arriving within a couple of ms and most of the time all but 1 were not finding their way into the queue (lost).

There is a "synchronized(this)" statement in the code but from what I have seen it doesn't do anything.

I used a semaphore and a ConcurrentLinkedQueue (thanks to @dman2306) and the problem seems to be gone. In the time I have run the new code, I haven't lost a single event, while before I would have lost hundreds.

So here is the fixed code with access to all devices attributes, also some screenshots bellow:

/*****************************************************************************************************************
 *  Source: https://github.com/HubitatCommunity/InfluxDB-Logger
 *  Raw Source: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/InfluxDB-Logger/master/influxdb-logger.groovy
 *  Forked from: https://github.com/codersaur/SmartThings/tree/master/smartapps/influxdb-logger
 *  Original Author: David Lomas (codersaur)
 *  Hubitat Elevation version maintained by Joshua Marker (@tooluser)
 *  Description: A SmartApp to log Hubitat device states to an InfluxDB database.
 *  See Codersaur's github repo for more information.
 *  NOTE: Hubitat does not currently support group names.
 *  License:
 *   Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
 *   in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *   Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
 *   on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
 *   for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
 *   Modifcation History
 *   Date       Name		Change 
 *   2019-02-02 Dan Ogorchock	Use asynchttpPost() instead of httpPost() call
 *   2019-09-09 Caleb Morse     Support deferring writes and doing buld writes to influxdb
 *****************************************************************************************************************/
definition(
    name: "InfluxDB Logger",
    namespace: "nowhereville",
    author: "Joshua Marker (tooluser)",
    description: "Log SmartThings device states to InfluxDB",
    category: "My Apps",
    iconUrl: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience.png",
    iconX2Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png",
    iconX3Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png")

import groovy.transform.Field
	@Field static java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentLinkedQueue loggerQueue = new java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentLinkedQueue()
	@Field static java.util.concurrent.Semaphore mutex = new java.util.concurrent.Semaphore(1)

preferences {
      	page(name: "newPage")
}

def newPage() {
    dynamicPage(name: "newPage", title: "New Settings Page", install: true, uninstall: true) {
	    section("General:") {
    	    //input "prefDebugMode", "bool", title: "Enable debug logging?", defaultValue: true, displayDuringSetup: true
        	input (
        		name: "configLoggingLevelIDE",
        		title: "IDE Live Logging Level:\nMessages with this level and higher will be logged to the IDE.",
        		type: "enum",
        		options: [
	        	    "0" : "None",
    	    	    "1" : "Error",
        		    "2" : "Warning",
        		    "3" : "Info",
        	    	"4" : "Debug",
	        	    "5" : "Trace"
    	    	],
        		defaultValue: "3",
            	displayDuringSetup: true,
	        	required: false
    	    )
    	}

section ("InfluxDB Database:") {
	        input "prefDatabaseHost", "text", title: "Host", defaultValue: "192.168.1.100", required: true
    	    input "prefDatabasePort", "text", title: "Port", defaultValue: "8086", required: true
        	input "prefDatabaseName", "text", title: "Database Name", defaultValue: "Hubitat", required: true
        	input "prefDatabaseUser", "text", title: "Username", required: false
        	input "prefDatabasePass", "text", title: "Password", required: false
    	}

section("Polling / Write frequency:") {
	        input "prefSoftPollingInterval", "number", title:"Soft-Polling interval (minutes)", defaultValue: 10, required: true

input "writeInterval", "enum", title:"How often to write to db (minutes)", defaultValue: "5", required: true,
        		options: ["1",  "2", "3", "4", "5", "10", "15"]
    	}

section("System Monitoring:") {
    	    input "prefLogModeEvents", "bool", title:"Log Mode Events?", defaultValue: true, required: true
        	input "prefLogHubProperties", "bool", title:"Log Hub Properties?", defaultValue: true, required: true
        	input "prefLogLocationProperties", "bool", title:"Log Location Properties?", defaultValue: true, required: true
    	}

section("Input Format Preference:") {
			input "accessAllAttributes", "bool", title:"Get Access To All Attributes?", defaultValue: false, required: true, submitOnChange: true
		}

if(!accessAllAttributes)
		{
	       	section("Devices To Monitor:", hideable:true,hidden:true) {
    	 	  	input "accelerometers", "capability.accelerationSensor", title: "Accelerometers", multiple: true, required: false
       			input "alarms", "capability.alarm", title: "Alarms", multiple: true, required: false
       			input "batteries", "capability.battery", title: "Batteries", multiple: true, required: false
       			input "beacons", "capability.beacon", title: "Beacons", multiple: true, required: false
	       		input "buttons", "capability.button", title: "Buttons", multiple: true, required: false
    	  		input "cos", "capability.carbonMonoxideDetector", title: "Carbon Monoxide Detectors", multiple: true, required: false
       			input "co2s", "capability.carbonDioxideMeasurement", title: "Carbon Dioxide Detectors", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "colors", "capability.colorControl", title: "Color Controllers", multiple: true, required: false
	        	input "consumables", "capability.consumable", title: "Consumables", multiple: true, required: false
    	    	input "contacts", "capability.contactSensor", title: "Contact Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "doorsControllers", "capability.doorControl", title: "Door Controllers", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "energyMeters", "capability.energyMeter", title: "Energy Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "humidities", "capability.relativeHumidityMeasurement", title: "Humidity Meters", multiple: true, required: false
	        	input "illuminances", "capability.illuminanceMeasurement", title: "Illuminance Meters", multiple: true, required: false
    	    	input "locks", "capability.lock", title: "Locks", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "motions", "capability.motionSensor", title: "Motion Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "musicPlayers", "capability.musicPlayer", title: "Music Players", multiple: true, required: false
	        	input "peds", "capability.stepSensor", title: "Pedometers", multiple: true, required: false
    	    	input "phMeters", "capability.pHMeasurement", title: "pH Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "powerMeters", "capability.powerMeter", title: "Power Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "presences", "capability.presenceSensor", title: "Presence Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
	        	input "pressures", "capability.sensor", title: "Pressure Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
    	    	input "shockSensors", "capability.shockSensor", title: "Shock Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "signalStrengthMeters", "capability.signalStrength", title: "Signal Strength Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "sleepSensors", "capability.sleepSensor", title: "Sleep Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
	        	input "smokeDetectors", "capability.smokeDetector", title: "Smoke Detectors", multiple: true, required: false
    	    	input "soundSensors", "capability.soundSensor", title: "Sound Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
				input "spls", "capability.soundPressureLevel", title: "Sound Pressure Level Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
				input "switches", "capability.switch", title: "Switches", multiple: true, required: false
	        	input "switchLevels", "capability.switchLevel", title: "Switch Levels", multiple: true, required: false
    	    	input "tamperAlerts", "capability.tamperAlert", title: "Tamper Alerts", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "temperatures", "capability.temperatureMeasurement", title: "Temperature Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "thermostats", "capability.thermostat", title: "Thermostats", multiple: true, required: false
	        	input "threeAxis", "capability.threeAxis", title: "Three-axis (Orientation) Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
    	    	input "touchs", "capability.touchSensor", title: "Touch Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "uvs", "capability.ultravioletIndex", title: "UV Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "valves", "capability.valve", title: "Valves", multiple: true, required: false
	        	input "volts", "capability.voltageMeasurement", title: "Voltage Meters", multiple: true, required: false
    	    	input "waterSensors", "capability.waterSensor", title: "Water Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        		input "windowShades", "capability.windowShade", title: "Window Shades", multiple: true, required: false
    		}
		} else {
			section("Devices To Monitor:", hideable:true,hidden:true) {
				input name: "allDevices", type: "capability.*", title: "Selected Devices", multiple: true, required: false, submitOnChange: true
			}

section() {
				state.deviceList = [:]
				allDevices.each { device -> 
					state.deviceList[device.id] = "${device.label ?: device.name}"
				}
			}

section() {
				state.selectedAttr=[:]
				settings.allDevices.each { deviceName ->
					if(deviceName) {
						deviceId = deviceName.getId()
        				attr = deviceName.getSupportedAttributes().unique()
						if(attr) {
							state.options =[]
							index = 0
							attr.each {at->
								state.options[index] = "${at}"
								index = index+1
							}

section("$deviceName", hideable: true) {
								input name:"attrForDev$deviceId", type: "enum", title: "$deviceName", options: state.options, multiple: true, required: false, submitOnChange: true
							}

state.selectedAttr[deviceId] = settings["attrForDev"+deviceId]
						}
					}
            	}
			}
		}
	}
}

def getDeviceObj(id) {
    def found
    settings.allDevices.each { device -> 
        if (device.getId() == id) {
            //log.debug "Found at $device for $id with id: ${device.id}"
            found = device
        }
    }
    return found
}

/*****************************************************************************************************************
 *  SmartThings System Commands:
 *****************************************************************************************************************/

/**
 *  installed()
 *  Runs when the app is first installed.
 **/
def installed() {
    state.installedAt = now()
    state.loggingLevelIDE = 5
    // Needs to be synchronized in case another event happens at the same time
    synchronized(this) {
        state.queuedData = []
    }
    log.debug "${app.label}: Installed with settings: ${settings}" 
}

/**
 *  uninstalled()
 *  Runs when the app is uninstalled.
 **/
def uninstalled() {
    logger("uninstalled()","trace")
}

/**
 *  updated()
 *  Runs when app settings are changed.
 *  Updates device.state with input values and other hard-coded values.
 *  Builds state.deviceAttributes which describes the attributes that will be monitored for each device collection 
 *  (used by manageSubscriptions() and softPoll()).
 *  Refreshes scheduling and subscriptions.
 **/
def updated() {
    logger("updated()","trace")

// Update internal state:
    state.loggingLevelIDE = (settings.configLoggingLevelIDE) ? settings.configLoggingLevelIDE.toInteger() : 3

// Database config:
    state.databaseHost = settings.prefDatabaseHost
    state.databasePort = settings.prefDatabasePort
    state.databaseName = settings.prefDatabaseName
    state.databaseUser = settings.prefDatabaseUser
    state.databasePass = settings.prefDatabasePass 

state.path = "/write?db=${state.databaseName}"
    state.headers = [:] 
    state.headers.put("HOST", "${state.databaseHost}:${state.databasePort}")
    //state.headers.put("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded")
    if (state.databaseUser && state.databasePass) {
        state.headers.put("Authorization", encodeCredentialsBasic(state.databaseUser, state.databasePass))
    }

// Build array of device collections and the attributes we want to report on for that collection:
    //  Note, the collection names are stored as strings. Adding references to the actual collection 
    //  objects causes major issues (possibly memory issues?).
    state.deviceAttributes = []
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'accelerometers', attributes: ['acceleration']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'alarms', attributes: ['alarm']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'batteries', attributes: ['battery']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'beacons', attributes: ['presence']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'buttons', attributes: ['button']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'cos', attributes: ['carbonMonoxide']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'co2s', attributes: ['carbonDioxide']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'colors', attributes: ['hue','saturation','color']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'consumables', attributes: ['consumableStatus']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'contacts', attributes: ['contact']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'doorsControllers', attributes: ['door']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'energyMeters', attributes: ['energy']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'humidities', attributes: ['humidity']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'illuminances', attributes: ['illuminance']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'locks', attributes: ['lock']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'motions', attributes: ['motion']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'musicPlayers', attributes: ['status','level','trackDescription','trackData','mute']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'peds', attributes: ['steps','goal']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'phMeters', attributes: ['pH']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'powerMeters', attributes: ['power','voltage','current','powerFactor']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'presences', attributes: ['presence']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'pressures', attributes: ['pressure']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'shockSensors', attributes: ['shock']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'signalStrengthMeters', attributes: ['lqi','rssi']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'sleepSensors', attributes: ['sleeping']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'smokeDetectors', attributes: ['smoke']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'soundSensors', attributes: ['sound']]
	state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'spls', attributes: ['soundPressureLevel']]
	state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'switches', attributes: ['switch']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'switchLevels', attributes: ['level']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'tamperAlerts', attributes: ['tamper']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'temperatures', attributes: ['temperature']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'thermostats', attributes: ['temperature','heatingSetpoint','coolingSetpoint','thermostatSetpoint','thermostatMode','thermostatFanMode','thermostatOperatingState','thermostatSetpointMode','scheduledSetpoint','optimisation','windowFunction']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'threeAxis', attributes: ['threeAxis']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'touchs', attributes: ['touch']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'uvs', attributes: ['ultravioletIndex']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'valves', attributes: ['contact']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'volts', attributes: ['voltage']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'waterSensors', attributes: ['water']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'windowShades', attributes: ['windowShade']]

// Configure Scheduling:
    state.softPollingInterval = settings.prefSoftPollingInterval.toInteger()
    state.writeInterval = settings.writeInterval
    manageSchedules()

// Configure Subscriptions:
    manageSubscriptions()
}

*  Event Handlers:

/**
 *  handleAppTouch(evt)
 *  Used for testing.
 **/
def handleAppTouch(evt) {
    logger("handleAppTouch()","trace")

softPoll()
}

/**
 *  handleModeEvent(evt)
 *  Log Mode changes.
 **/
def handleModeEvent(evt) {
    logger("handleModeEvent(): Mode changed to: ${evt.value}","info")

def locationId = escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.id.toString())
    def locationName = escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.name)
    def mode = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.value) + '"'
	def data = "_stMode,locationId=${locationId},locationName=${locationName} mode=${mode}"
    queueToInfluxDb(data)
}

/**
 *  handleEvent(evt)
 *  Builds data to send to InfluxDB.
 *   - Escapes and quotes string values.
 *   - Calculates logical binary values where string values can be 
 *     represented as binary values (e.g. contact: closed = 1, open = 0)
 *  Useful references: 
 *   - http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/capabilities-reference.html
 *   - https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v0.10/guides/writing_data/
 **/
def handleEvent(evt) {
    //logger("handleEvent(): $evt.unit","info")
    logger("handleEvent(): $evt.displayName($evt.name:$evt.unit) $evt.value","info")

// Build data string to send to InfluxDB:
    //  Format: <measurement>[,<tag_name>=<tag_value>] field=<field_value>
    //    If value is an integer, it must have a trailing "i"
    //    If value is a string, it must be enclosed in double quotes.
    def measurement = evt.name
    // tags:
    def deviceId = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.deviceId.toString())
    def deviceName = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.displayName)
    def groupId = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt?.device.device.groupId)
    def groupName = escapeStringForInfluxDB(getGroupName(evt?.device.device.groupId))
    def hubId = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt?.device.device.hubId.toString())
    def hubName = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt?.device.device.hub.name.toString())
    // Don't pull these from the evt.device as the app itself will be associated with one location.

def unit = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.unit)
    def value = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.value)
    def valueBinary = ''

def data = "${measurement},deviceId=${deviceId},deviceName=${deviceName},groupId=${groupId},groupName=${groupName},hubId=${hubId},hubName=${hubName},locationId=${locationId},locationName=${locationName}"

// Unit tag and fields depend on the event type:
    //  Most string-valued attributes can be translated to a binary value too.
    if ('acceleration' == evt.name) { // acceleration: Calculate a binary value (active = 1, inactive = 0)
        unit = 'acceleration'
        value = '"' + value + '"'
        valueBinary = ('active' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
        data += ",unit=${unit} value=${value},valueBinary=${valueBinary}"
    }
    else if ('alarm' == evt.name) { // alarm: Calculate a binary value (strobe/siren/both = 1, off = 0)
        unit = 'alarm'
        valueBinary = ('off' == evt.value) ? '0i' : '1i'
    }
    else if ('button' == evt.name) { // button: Calculate a binary value (held = 1, pushed = 0)
        unit = 'button'
        valueBinary = ('pushed' == evt.value) ? '0i' : '1i'
    }
    else if ('carbonMonoxide' == evt.name) { // carbonMonoxide: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, clear/tested = 0)
        unit = 'carbonMonoxide'
        valueBinary = ('detected' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('consumableStatus' == evt.name) { // consumableStatus: Calculate a binary value ("good" = 1, "missing"/"replace"/"maintenance_required"/"order" = 0)
        unit = 'consumableStatus'
        valueBinary = ('good' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('contact' == evt.name) { // contact: Calculate a binary value (closed = 1, open = 0)
        unit = 'contact'
        valueBinary = ('closed' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('door' == evt.name) { // door: Calculate a binary value (closed = 1, open/opening/closing/unknown = 0)
        unit = 'door'
    }
    else if ('lock' == evt.name) { // door: Calculate a binary value (locked = 1, unlocked = 0)
        unit = 'lock'
        valueBinary = ('locked' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('motion' == evt.name) { // Motion: Calculate a binary value (active = 1, inactive = 0)
        unit = 'motion'
    }
    else if ('mute' == evt.name) { // mute: Calculate a binary value (muted = 1, unmuted = 0)
        unit = 'mute'
        valueBinary = ('muted' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('presence' == evt.name) { // presence: Calculate a binary value (present = 1, not present = 0)
        unit = 'presence'
        valueBinary = ('present' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('shock' == evt.name) { // shock: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, clear = 0)
        unit = 'shock'
    }
    else if ('sleeping' == evt.name) { // sleeping: Calculate a binary value (sleeping = 1, not sleeping = 0)
        unit = 'sleeping'
        valueBinary = ('sleeping' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('smoke' == evt.name) { // smoke: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, clear/tested = 0)
        unit = 'smoke'
    }
    else if ('sound' == evt.name) { // sound: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, not detected = 0)
        unit = 'sound'
    }
    else if ('switch' == evt.name) { // switch: Calculate a binary value (on = 1, off = 0)
        unit = 'switch'
        valueBinary = ('on' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('tamper' == evt.name) { // tamper: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, clear = 0)
        unit = 'tamper'
    }
    else if ('thermostatMode' == evt.name) { // thermostatMode: Calculate a binary value (<any other value> = 1, off = 0)
        unit = 'thermostatMode'
    }
    else if ('thermostatFanMode' == evt.name) { // thermostatFanMode: Calculate a binary value (<any other value> = 1, off = 0)
        unit = 'thermostatFanMode'
    }
    else if ('thermostatOperatingState' == evt.name) { // thermostatOperatingState: Calculate a binary value (heating = 1, <any other value> = 0)
        unit = 'thermostatOperatingState'
        valueBinary = ('heating' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('thermostatSetpointMode' == evt.name) { // thermostatSetpointMode: Calculate a binary value (followSchedule = 0, <any other value> = 1)
        unit = 'thermostatSetpointMode'
        valueBinary = ('followSchedule' == evt.value) ? '0i' : '1i'
    }
    else if ('threeAxis' == evt.name) { // threeAxis: Format to x,y,z values.
        unit = 'threeAxis'
        def valueXYZ = evt.value.split(",")
        def valueX = valueXYZ[0]
        def valueY = valueXYZ[1]
        def valueZ = valueXYZ[2]
        data += ",unit=${unit} valueX=${valueX}i,valueY=${valueY}i,valueZ=${valueZ}i" // values are integers.
    }
    else if ('touch' == evt.name) { // touch: Calculate a binary value (touched = 1, "" = 0)
        unit = 'touch'
        valueBinary = ('touched' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('optimisation' == evt.name) { // optimisation: Calculate a binary value (active = 1, inactive = 0)
        unit = 'optimisation'
    }
    else if ('windowFunction' == evt.name) { // windowFunction: Calculate a binary value (active = 1, inactive = 0)
        unit = 'windowFunction'
    }
    else if ('touch' == evt.name) { // touch: Calculate a binary value (touched = 1, <any other value> = 0)
        unit = 'touch'
    }
    else if ('water' == evt.name) { // water: Calculate a binary value (wet = 1, dry = 0)
        unit = 'water'
        valueBinary = ('wet' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('windowShade' == evt.name) { // windowShade: Calculate a binary value (closed = 1, <any other value> = 0)
        unit = 'windowShade'
    }
    // Catch any other event with a string value that hasn't been handled:
    else if (evt.value ==~ /.*[^0-9\.,-].*/) { // match if any characters are not digits, period, comma, or hyphen.
		logger("handleEvent(): Found a string value that's not explicitly handled: Device Name: ${deviceName}, Event Name: ${evt.name}, Value: ${evt.value}","warn")
        data += ",unit=${unit} value=${value}"
    }
    // Catch any other general numerical event (carbonDioxide, power, energy, humidity, level, temperature, ultravioletIndex, voltage, etc).
    else {
    }

//logger("$data","info")

// Queue data for later write to InfluxDB
    queueToInfluxDb(data)
}

*  Main Commands:

/**
 *  softPoll()
 *  Executed by schedule.
 *  Forces data to be posted to InfluxDB (even if an event has not been triggered).
 *  Doesn't poll devices, just builds a fake event to pass to handleEvent().
 *  Also calls LogSystemProperties().
 **/
def softPoll() {
    logger("softPoll()","trace")

logSystemProperties()
	if(!accessAllAttributes) {
		// Iterate over each attribute for each device, in each device collection in deviceAttributes:
    	def devs // temp variable to hold device collection.
    	state.deviceAttributes.each { da ->
	        devs = settings."${da.devices}"
    	    if (devs && (da.attributes)) {
        	    devs.each { d ->
            	    da.attributes.each { attr ->
                	    if (d.hasAttribute(attr) && d.latestState(attr)?.value != null) {
                    	    logger("softPoll(): Softpolling device ${d} for attribute: ${attr}","info")
                        	// Send fake event to handleEvent():

handleEvent([
    	                        name: attr, 
        	                    value: d.latestState(attr)?.value,
            	                unit: d.latestState(attr)?.unit,
                	            device: d,
                    	        deviceId: d.id,
                        	    displayName: d.displayName
                        	])
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	} else {
		state.selectedAttr.each{ entry -> 
			d = getDeviceObj(entry.key)
			entry.value.each{ attr ->
                	handleEvent([
                	])
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

/**
 *  logSystemProperties()
 *  Generates measurements for SmartThings system (hubs and locations) properties.
 **/
def logSystemProperties() {
    logger("logSystemProperties()","trace")

def locationId = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.id.toString()) + '"'
    def locationName = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.name) + '"'

// Location Properties:
    if (prefLogLocationProperties) {
        try {
            def tz = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.timeZone.ID.toString()) + '"'
            def mode = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.mode) + '"'
            def hubCount = location.hubs.size()
            def times = getSunriseAndSunset()
            def srt = '"' + times.sunrise.format("HH:mm", location.timeZone) + '"'
            def sst = '"' + times.sunset.format("HH:mm", location.timeZone) + '"'

def data = "_heLocation,locationId=${locationId},locationName=${locationName},latitude=${location.latitude},longitude=${location.longitude},timeZone=${tz} mode=${mode},hubCount=${hubCount}i,sunriseTime=${srt},sunsetTime=${sst}"
            queueToInfluxDb(data)
            //log.debug("LocationData = ${data}")
        } catch (e) {
		    logger("logSystemProperties(): Unable to log Location properties: ${e}","error")
        }
	}

// Hub Properties:
    if (prefLogHubProperties) {
       	location.hubs.each { h ->
        	try {
                def hubId = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.id.toString()) + '"'
                def hubName = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.name.toString()) + '"'
                def hubIP = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.localIP.toString()) + '"'
                //def hubStatus = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.status) + '"'
                //def batteryInUse = ("false" == h.hub.getDataValue("batteryInUse")) ? "0i" : "1i"
                // See fix here for null time returned: https://github.com/codersaur/SmartThings/pull/33/files
                //def hubUptime = h.hub.getDataValue("uptime") + 'i'
                //def hubLastBootUnixTS = h.hub.uptime + 'i'
                //def zigbeePowerLevel = h.hub.getDataValue("zigbeePowerLevel") + 'i'
                //def zwavePowerLevel =  '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.hub.getDataValue("zwavePowerLevel")) + '"'
                def firmwareVersion =  '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.firmwareVersionString) + '"'

def data = "_heHub,locationId=${locationId},locationName=${locationName},hubId=${hubId},hubName=${hubName},hubIP=${hubIP} "
                data += "firmwareVersion=${firmwareVersion}"
                // See fix here for null time returned: https://github.com/codersaur/SmartThings/pull/33/files
                //data += "status=${hubStatus},batteryInUse=${batteryInUse},uptime=${hubUptime},zigbeePowerLevel=${zigbeePowerLevel},zwavePowerLevel=${zwavePowerLevel},firmwareVersion=${firmwareVersion}"
                //data += "status=${hubStatus},batteryInUse=${batteryInUse},uptime=${hubLastBootUnixTS},zigbeePowerLevel=${zigbeePowerLevel},zwavePowerLevel=${zwavePowerLevel},firmwareVersion=${firmwareVersion}"
                queueToInfluxDb(data)
                //log.debug("HubData = ${data}")
            } catch (e) {
				logger("logSystemProperties(): Unable to log Hub properties: ${e}","error")
        	}
       	}

}
}

def queueToInfluxDb(data) {
    // Add timestamp (influxdb does this automatically, but since we're batching writes, we need to add it
    long timeNow = (new Date().time) * 1e6 // Time is in milliseconds, needs to be in nanoseconds
    data += " ${timeNow}"

int queueSize = 0
	try {
		mutex.acquire()
		//if(!mutex.tryAcquire()) {
		//	logger("Error 1 in queueToInfluxDb","Warning")
		//	mutex.release()
		//}

loggerQueue.offer(data)
		queueSize = loggerQueue.size()

// Give some visibility at the interface level
		state.queuedData = loggerQueue.toArray()
	} 
	catch(e) {
		logger("Error 2 in queueToInfluxDb","Warning")
	} 
	finally {
		mutex.release()
	}

if (queueSize > 100) {
        logger("Queue size is too big, triggering write now", "info")
        writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb()
    }
}

def writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb() {
    String writeData = ""

try {
		mutex.acquire()
		//if(!mutex.tryAcquire()) {
		//	logger("Error 1 in writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb","Warning")
		//	mutex.release()
		//}

if(loggerQueue.size() == 0) {
            logger("No queued data to write to InfluxDB", "info")
            return
		}
        logger("Writing queued data of size ${loggerQueue.size()} out", "info")
		a = loggerQueue.toArray() 
		writeData = a.join('\n')
		loggerQueue.clear()
		state.queuedData = []
	}	   
	catch(e) {
		logger("Error 2 in writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb","Warning")
	} 
	finally {
		mutex.release()
	}

postToInfluxDB(writeData)
}

/**
 *  postToInfluxDB()
 *  Posts data to InfluxDB.
 *  Uses hubAction instead of httpPost() in case InfluxDB server is on the same LAN as the Smartthings Hub.
 **/
def postToInfluxDB(data) {
    logger("postToInfluxDB(): Posting data to InfluxDB: Host: ${state.databaseHost}, Port: ${state.databasePort}, Database: ${state.databaseName}, Data: [${data}]","info")
    //logger("$state", "info")
    //try {
    //    //def hubAction = new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(
    //    def hubAction = new hubitat.device.HubAction(
    //    	[
    //            method: "POST",
    //            path: state.path,
    //            body: data,
    //            headers: state.headers
    //        ],
    //        null,
    //        [ callback: handleInfluxResponse ]
    //    )
	//	
    //    sendHubCommand(hubAction)
    //    //logger("hubAction command sent", "info")
    //}
    //catch (Exception e) {
	//	logger("postToInfluxDB(): Exception ${e} on ${hubAction}","error")
    //}

// Hubitat Async http Post

try {
		def postParams = [
			uri: "http://${state.databaseHost}:${state.databasePort}/write?db=${state.databaseName}" ,
			requestContentType: 'application/json',
			contentType: 'application/json',
			body : data
			]
		asynchttpPost('handleInfluxResponse', postParams) 
	} catch (e) {	
		logger("postToInfluxDB(): Something went wrong when posting: ${e}","error")
	}

}

/**
 *  handleInfluxResponse()
 *  Handles response from post made in postToInfluxDB().
 **/
def handleInfluxResponse(hubResponse, data) {
    //logger("postToInfluxDB(): status of post call is: ${hubResponse.status}", "info")
    if(hubResponse.status >= 400) {
		logger("postToInfluxDB(): Something went wrong! Response from InfluxDB: Status: ${hubResponse.status}, Headers: ${hubResponse.headers}, Data: ${data}","error")
    }
}

*  Private Helper Functions:

/**
 *  manageSchedules()
 *  Configures/restarts scheduled tasks: 
 *   softPoll() - Run every {state.softPollingInterval} minutes.
 **/
private manageSchedules() {
	logger("manageSchedules()","trace")

// Generate a random offset (1-60):
    Random rand = new Random(now())
    def randomOffset = 0

try {
        unschedule(softPoll)
        unschedule(writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb)
    }
    catch(e) {
        // logger("manageSchedules(): Unschedule failed!","error")
    }

randomOffset = rand.nextInt(50)
    if (state.softPollingInterval > 0) {

logger("manageSchedules(): Scheduling softpoll to run every ${state.softPollingInterval} minutes (offset of ${randomOffset} seconds).","trace")
        schedule("${randomOffset} 0/${state.softPollingInterval} * * * ?", "softPoll")
    }

randomOffset = randomOffset+8
    schedule("${randomOffset} 0/${state.writeInterval} * * * ?", "writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb")
}

/**
 *  manageSubscriptions()
 *  Configures subscriptions.
 **/
private manageSubscriptions() {
	logger("manageSubscriptions()","trace")

// Unsubscribe:
    unsubscribe()

// Subscribe to App Touch events:
    subscribe(app,handleAppTouch)

// Subscribe to mode events:
    if (prefLogModeEvents) subscribe(location, "mode", handleModeEvent)

if(!accessAllAttributes) {
    	// Subscribe to device attributes (iterate over each attribute for each device collection in state.deviceAttributes):
    	def devs // dynamic variable holding device collection.
                	logger("manageSubscriptions(): Subscribing to attribute: ${attr}, for devices: ${da.devices}","info")
                	// There is no need to check if all devices in the collection have the attribute.
                	subscribe(devs, attr, handleEvent)
				}
			}
		}
	} else {
		state.selectedAttr.each{ entry -> 
			d = getDeviceObj(entry.key)
			entry.value.each{ attr ->
				logger("manageSubscriptions(): Subscribing to attribute: ${attr}, for device: ${d}","info")
				subscribe(d, attr, handleEvent)
			}
		}
	}
}

/**
 *  logger()
 *  Wrapper function for all logging.
 **/
private logger(msg, level = "debug") {

switch(level) {
        case "error":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 1) log.error msg
            break

case "warn":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 2) log.warn msg
            break

case "info":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 3) log.info msg
            break

case "debug":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 4) log.debug msg
            break

case "trace":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 5) log.trace msg
            break

default:
            log.debug msg
            break
    }
}

/**
 *  encodeCredentialsBasic()
 *  Encode credentials for HTTP Basic authentication.
 **/
private encodeCredentialsBasic(username, password) {
	def rawString = "Basic " + "${username}:${password}"
    return rawString.bytes.encodeBase64().toString()
}

/**
 *  escapeStringForInfluxDB()
 *  Escape values to InfluxDB.
 *  If a tag key, tag value, or field key contains a space, comma, or an equals sign = it must 
 *  be escaped using the backslash character \. Backslash characters do not need to be escaped. 
 *  Commas and spaces will also need to be escaped for measurements, though equals signs = do not.
 *  Further info: https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v0.10/write_protocols/write_syntax/
 **/
private escapeStringForInfluxDB(str) {
    //logger("$str", "info")
    if (str) {
        str = str.replaceAll(" ", "\\\\ ") // Escape spaces.
        str = str.replaceAll(",", "\\\\,") // Escape commas.
        str = str.replaceAll("=", "\\\\=") // Escape equal signs.
        str = str.replaceAll("\"", "\\\\\"") // Escape double quotes.
        //str = str.replaceAll("'", "_")  // Replace apostrophes with underscores.
    }
    else {
        str = 'null'
    }
    return str
}

/**
 *  getGroupName()
 *  Get the name of a 'Group' (i.e. Room) from its ID.
 *  This is done manually as there does not appear to be a way to enumerate
 *  groups from a SmartApp currently.
 *  GroupIds can be obtained from the SmartThings IDE under 'My Locations'.
 *  See: https://community.smartthings.com/t/accessing-group-within-a-smartapp/6830
 **/
private getGroupName(id) {

if (id == null) {return 'Home'}
    //else if (id == 'XXXXXXXXXXXXX') {return 'Group'}
    else {return 'Unknown'}    
}

6 Likes

Has anyone installed via the docker image lately? I just did and it appears that certain pieces are no longer functioning. For example, after install I can access Chronograf (IP:3004) but not Grafana (IP:3003) or InfluxDB (IP:8086). I have verified that the port forwards are setup properly.

FIXED!! Had to uninstall the app and reinstall. Who knows why that worked.

I gave up on the docker image but just installed influxdb and chronograf individually. I believe that I have influxdb and InfluxDV Logger setup correctly but nothing is being logged. In the Hubitat logs I see the following error:

app:3282020-03-10 10:51:39.205 pm errorpostToInfluxDB(): Something went wrong! Response from InfluxDB: Status: 408, Headers: null, Data: null

app:3282020-03-10 10:51:39.115 pm infopostToInfluxDB(): Posting data to InfluxDB: Host: http://192.168.xxx.xxx, Port: 8086, Database: Hubitat, Data: [_heHub,locationId="1",locationName="Home",hubId="1",hubName="My\ New\ Hub",hubIP="192.168.xxx.xxx" firmwareVersion="2.1.9.117" 1583895083103000000 temperature,deviceId=360,deviceName=Button,groupId=null,groupName=Home,hubId=1,hubName=My\ New\ Hub,locationId=1,locationName=Home,unit=null value=67.57 1583895083132000000]

app:3282020-03-10 10:51:39.109 pm infoWriting queued data of size 2 out

Sign me up

Definitely interested. :+1:

Sounds interesting! I would definitely give it a try.

I have been able to setup a feed of temp and humidity sensors from HE to an install of influxdb and grafana on my raspberry pi4 (see this topic for more details). I now have the output of this setup, i.e. a grafana dashboard, displayed on one of my HE dashboards, shown on a tablet mounted on the side of my fridge. Very happy :grin:. Obviously I need to resize the charts slightly and will no doubt develop these further over time.

3 Likes

Hi, may I just ask you please, how did you achieved that fine resolution on motion activity please? I will put an image what I got, but I'm not allowed to post them :frowning:

For the group and @24rosi: My son and I have been working on HubiGraphs and HubiPanel. Hubigraphs allows some of the views that people seem to be looking for (graphs, timelines and such). Take a look at the screenshots. They provide the motion sensor views (mentioned above) in TimeLines. Here is the best part; no external database required. -- only one device, one parent app and two child apps. You can install them into a Hubigraph Tile and show them on your regular dashboard. It says that it is beta, but considering I have received very few suggestions over the past few days, I think it is getting ready. Head over and take a look, let me know what you think :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I've made a couple changes to InfluxDB Logger for my own use. The most notable is the addition of relativepressures to support the calculated state in @iharyadi's Environmental Sensor EX driver.

It seems that InfluxDB Logger is getting fragmented or maybe it's just my unfamiliarity with the process here so here is what I am using. I hope someone else finds this useful.

*  Source: https://github.com/HubitatCommunity/InfluxDB-Logger
 *  Raw Source: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/InfluxDB-Logger/master/influxdb-logger.groovy
 *  Forked from: https://github.com/codersaur/SmartThings/tree/master/smartapps/influxdb-logger
 *  Original Author: David Lomas (codersaur)
 *  Hubitat Elevation version maintained by Joshua Marker (@tooluser)
 *  Description: A SmartApp to log Hubitat device states to an InfluxDB database.
 *  See Codersaur's github repo for more information.
 *  NOTE: Hubitat does not currently support group names.
 *  License:
 *   Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
 *   in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *   Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
 *   on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
 *   for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
 *   Modifcation History
 *   Date       Name		Change 
 *   2019-02-02 Dan Ogorchock	Use asynchttpPost() instead of httpPost() call
 *   2019-09-09 Caleb Morse     Support deferring writes and doing buld writes to influxdb
 *   2020-05-31 Steve Schaeffer Changed queueToInfluxDb and writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb to call logger() instead of log.info
 *   2020-06-08 Steve Schaeffer Added relativepressures to Input and state.deviceAttributes to support iharyadi's
 *                              Environmental Sensor EX adjusted atmospheric pressure 
definition(
    name: "InfluxDB Logger",
    namespace: "nowhereville",
    author: "Joshua Marker (tooluser)",
    description: "Log SmartThings device states to InfluxDB",
    category: "My Apps",
    iconUrl: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience.png",
    iconX2Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png",
    iconX3Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png")

preferences {
    section("General:") {
        //input "prefDebugMode", "bool", title: "Enable debug logging?", defaultValue: true, displayDuringSetup: true
        input (
        	name: "configLoggingLevelIDE",
        	title: "IDE Live Logging Level:\nMessages with this level and higher will be logged to the IDE.",
        	type: "enum",
        	options: [
        	    "0" : "None",
        	    "1" : "Error",
        	    "2" : "Warning",
        	    "3" : "Info",
        	    "4" : "Debug",
        	    "5" : "Trace"
        	],
        	defaultValue: "3",
            displayDuringSetup: true,
        	required: false
        )
    }

section ("InfluxDB Database:") {
        input "prefDatabaseHost", "text", title: "Host", defaultValue: "192.168.1.100", required: true
        input "prefDatabasePort", "text", title: "Port", defaultValue: "8086", required: true
        input "prefDatabaseName", "text", title: "Database Name", defaultValue: "Hubitat", required: true
        input "prefDatabaseUser", "text", title: "Username", required: false
        input "prefDatabasePass", "text", title: "Password", required: false
    }

section("Polling / Write frequency:") {
        input "prefSoftPollingInterval", "number", title:"Soft-Polling interval (minutes)", defaultValue: 10, required: true

input "writeInterval", "enum", title:"How often to write to db (minutes)", defaultValue: "5", required: true,
        	options: ["1",  "5", "10", "15"]
    }

section("System Monitoring:") {
        input "prefLogModeEvents", "bool", title:"Log Mode Events?", defaultValue: true, required: true
        input "prefLogHubProperties", "bool", title:"Log Hub Properties?", defaultValue: true, required: true
        input "prefLogLocationProperties", "bool", title:"Log Location Properties?", defaultValue: true, required: true
    }

section("Devices To Monitor:") {
        input "accelerometers", "capability.accelerationSensor", title: "Accelerometers", multiple: true, required: false
        input "alarms", "capability.alarm", title: "Alarms", multiple: true, required: false
        input "batteries", "capability.battery", title: "Batteries", multiple: true, required: false
        input "beacons", "capability.beacon", title: "Beacons", multiple: true, required: false
        input "buttons", "capability.button", title: "Buttons", multiple: true, required: false
        input "cos", "capability.carbonMonoxideDetector", title: "Carbon Monoxide Detectors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "co2s", "capability.carbonDioxideMeasurement", title: "Carbon Dioxide Detectors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "colors", "capability.colorControl", title: "Color Controllers", multiple: true, required: false
        input "consumables", "capability.consumable", title: "Consumables", multiple: true, required: false
        input "contacts", "capability.contactSensor", title: "Contact Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "doorsControllers", "capability.doorControl", title: "Door Controllers", multiple: true, required: false
        input "energyMeters", "capability.energyMeter", title: "Energy Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        input "humidities", "capability.relativeHumidityMeasurement", title: "Humidity Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        input "illuminances", "capability.illuminanceMeasurement", title: "Illuminance Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        input "locks", "capability.lock", title: "Locks", multiple: true, required: false
        input "motions", "capability.motionSensor", title: "Motion Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "musicPlayers", "capability.musicPlayer", title: "Music Players", multiple: true, required: false
        input "peds", "capability.stepSensor", title: "Pedometers", multiple: true, required: false
        input "phMeters", "capability.pHMeasurement", title: "pH Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        input "powerMeters", "capability.powerMeter", title: "Power Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        input "presences", "capability.presenceSensor", title: "Presence Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "pressures", "capability.sensor", title: "Pressure Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "relativepressures", "capability.sensor", title: "Pressure Sensors' Relative Value", multiple: true, required: false
        input "shockSensors", "capability.shockSensor", title: "Shock Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "signalStrengthMeters", "capability.signalStrength", title: "Signal Strength Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        input "sleepSensors", "capability.sleepSensor", title: "Sleep Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "smokeDetectors", "capability.smokeDetector", title: "Smoke Detectors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "soundSensors", "capability.soundSensor", title: "Sound Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
		input "spls", "capability.soundPressureLevel", title: "Sound Pressure Level Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
		input "switches", "capability.switch", title: "Switches", multiple: true, required: false
        input "switchLevels", "capability.switchLevel", title: "Switch Levels", multiple: true, required: false
        input "tamperAlerts", "capability.tamperAlert", title: "Tamper Alerts", multiple: true, required: false
        input "temperatures", "capability.temperatureMeasurement", title: "Temperature Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "thermostats", "capability.thermostat", title: "Thermostats", multiple: true, required: false
        input "threeAxis", "capability.threeAxis", title: "Three-axis (Orientation) Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "touchs", "capability.touchSensor", title: "Touch Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "uvs", "capability.ultravioletIndex", title: "UV Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "valves", "capability.valve", title: "Valves", multiple: true, required: false
        input "volts", "capability.voltageMeasurement", title: "Voltage Meters", multiple: true, required: false
        input "waterSensors", "capability.waterSensor", title: "Water Sensors", multiple: true, required: false
        input "windowShades", "capability.windowShade", title: "Window Shades", multiple: true, required: false
    }

}

*  SmartThings System Commands:

/**
 *  installed()
 *  Runs when the app is first installed.
 **/
def installed() {
    state.installedAt = now()
    state.loggingLevelIDE = 5
    // Needs to be synchronized in case another event happens at the same time
    synchronized(this) {
        state.queuedData = []
    }
    log.debug "${app.label}: Installed with settings: ${settings}" 
}

/**
 *  uninstalled()
 *  Runs when the app is uninstalled.
 **/
def uninstalled() {
    logger("uninstalled()","trace")
}

/**
 *  updated()
 *  Runs when app settings are changed.
 *  Updates device.state with input values and other hard-coded values.
 *  Builds state.deviceAttributes which describes the attributes that will be monitored for each device collection 
 *  (used by manageSubscriptions() and softPoll()).
 *  Refreshes scheduling and subscriptions.
 **/
def updated() {
    logger("updated()","trace")

// Update internal state:
    state.loggingLevelIDE = (settings.configLoggingLevelIDE) ? settings.configLoggingLevelIDE.toInteger() : 3

// Database config:
    state.databaseHost = settings.prefDatabaseHost
    state.databasePort = settings.prefDatabasePort
    state.databaseName = settings.prefDatabaseName
    state.databaseUser = settings.prefDatabaseUser
    state.databasePass = settings.prefDatabasePass 

state.path = "/write?db=${state.databaseName}"
    state.headers = [:] 
    state.headers.put("HOST", "${state.databaseHost}:${state.databasePort}")
    //state.headers.put("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded")
    if (state.databaseUser && state.databasePass) {
        state.headers.put("Authorization", encodeCredentialsBasic(state.databaseUser, state.databasePass))
    }

// Build array of device collections and the attributes we want to report on for that collection:
    //  Note, the collection names are stored as strings. Adding references to the actual collection 
    //  objects causes major issues (possibly memory issues?).
    state.deviceAttributes = []
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'accelerometers', attributes: ['acceleration']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'alarms', attributes: ['alarm']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'batteries', attributes: ['battery']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'beacons', attributes: ['presence']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'buttons', attributes: ['button']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'cos', attributes: ['carbonMonoxide']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'co2s', attributes: ['carbonDioxide']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'colors', attributes: ['hue','saturation','color']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'consumables', attributes: ['consumableStatus']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'contacts', attributes: ['contact']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'doorsControllers', attributes: ['door']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'energyMeters', attributes: ['energy']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'humidities', attributes: ['humidity']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'illuminances', attributes: ['illuminance']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'locks', attributes: ['lock']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'motions', attributes: ['motion']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'musicPlayers', attributes: ['status','level','trackDescription','trackData','mute']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'peds', attributes: ['steps','goal']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'phMeters', attributes: ['pH']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'powerMeters', attributes: ['power','voltage','current','powerFactor']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'presences', attributes: ['presence']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'pressures', attributes: ['pressure']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'relativepressures', attributes: ['relativePressure']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'shockSensors', attributes: ['shock']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'signalStrengthMeters', attributes: ['lqi','rssi']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'sleepSensors', attributes: ['sleeping']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'smokeDetectors', attributes: ['smoke']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'soundSensors', attributes: ['sound']]
	state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'spls', attributes: ['soundPressureLevel']]
	state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'switches', attributes: ['switch']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'switchLevels', attributes: ['level']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'tamperAlerts', attributes: ['tamper']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'temperatures', attributes: ['temperature']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'thermostats', attributes: ['temperature','heatingSetpoint','coolingSetpoint','thermostatSetpoint','thermostatMode','thermostatFanMode','thermostatOperatingState','thermostatSetpointMode','scheduledSetpoint','optimisation','windowFunction']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'threeAxis', attributes: ['threeAxis']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'touchs', attributes: ['touch']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'uvs', attributes: ['ultravioletIndex']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'valves', attributes: ['contact']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'volts', attributes: ['voltage']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'waterSensors', attributes: ['water']]
    state.deviceAttributes << [ devices: 'windowShades', attributes: ['windowShade']]

// Configure Scheduling:
    state.softPollingInterval = settings.prefSoftPollingInterval.toInteger()
    state.writeInterval = settings.writeInterval
    manageSchedules()

// Configure Subscriptions:
    manageSubscriptions()
}

*  Event Handlers:

/**
 *  handleAppTouch(evt)
 *  Used for testing.
 **/
def handleAppTouch(evt) {
    logger("handleAppTouch()","trace")

softPoll()
}

/**
 *  handleModeEvent(evt)
 *  Log Mode changes.
 **/
def handleModeEvent(evt) {
    logger("handleModeEvent(): Mode changed to: ${evt.value}","info")

def mode = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.value) + '"'
	def data = "_stMode,locationId=${locationId},locationName=${locationName} mode=${mode}"
    queueToInfluxDb(data)
}

/**
 *  handleEvent(evt)
 *  Builds data to send to InfluxDB.
 *   - Escapes and quotes string values.
 *   - Calculates logical binary values where string values can be 
 *     represented as binary values (e.g. contact: closed = 1, open = 0)
 *  Useful references: 
 *   - http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/capabilities-reference.html
 *   - https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v0.10/guides/writing_data/
 **/
def handleEvent(evt) {
    //logger("handleEvent(): $evt.unit","info")
    logger("handleEvent(): $evt.displayName($evt.name:$evt.unit) $evt.value","info")

// Build data string to send to InfluxDB:
    //  Format: <measurement>[,<tag_name>=<tag_value>] field=<field_value>
    //    If value is an integer, it must have a trailing "i"
    //    If value is a string, it must be enclosed in double quotes.
    def measurement = evt.name
    // tags:
    def deviceId = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.deviceId.toString())
    def deviceName = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.displayName)
    def groupId = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt?.device.device.groupId)
    def groupName = escapeStringForInfluxDB(getGroupName(evt?.device.device.groupId))
    def hubId = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt?.device.device.hubId.toString())
    def hubName = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt?.device.device.hub.name.toString())
    // Don't pull these from the evt.device as the app itself will be associated with one location.

def unit = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.unit)
    def value = escapeStringForInfluxDB(evt.value)
    def valueBinary = ''

def data = "${measurement},deviceId=${deviceId},deviceName=${deviceName},groupId=${groupId},groupName=${groupName},hubId=${hubId},hubName=${hubName},locationId=${locationId},locationName=${locationName}"

// Unit tag and fields depend on the event type:
    //  Most string-valued attributes can be translated to a binary value too.
    if ('acceleration' == evt.name) { // acceleration: Calculate a binary value (active = 1, inactive = 0)
        unit = 'acceleration'
    }
    else if ('alarm' == evt.name) { // alarm: Calculate a binary value (strobe/siren/both = 1, off = 0)
        unit = 'alarm'
    }
    else if ('button' == evt.name) { // button: Calculate a binary value (held = 1, pushed = 0)
        unit = 'button'
        valueBinary = ('pushed' == evt.value) ? '0i' : '1i'
    }
    else if ('carbonMonoxide' == evt.name) { // carbonMonoxide: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, clear/tested = 0)
        unit = 'carbonMonoxide'
    }
    else if ('consumableStatus' == evt.name) { // consumableStatus: Calculate a binary value ("good" = 1, "missing"/"replace"/"maintenance_required"/"order" = 0)
        unit = 'consumableStatus'
        valueBinary = ('good' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('contact' == evt.name) { // contact: Calculate a binary value (closed = 1, open = 0)
        unit = 'contact'
    }
    else if ('door' == evt.name) { // door: Calculate a binary value (closed = 1, open/opening/closing/unknown = 0)
        unit = 'door'
    }
    else if ('lock' == evt.name) { // door: Calculate a binary value (locked = 1, unlocked = 0)
        unit = 'lock'
        valueBinary = ('locked' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('motion' == evt.name) { // Motion: Calculate a binary value (active = 1, inactive = 0)
        unit = 'motion'
    }
    else if ('mute' == evt.name) { // mute: Calculate a binary value (muted = 1, unmuted = 0)
        unit = 'mute'
        valueBinary = ('muted' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('presence' == evt.name) { // presence: Calculate a binary value (present = 1, not present = 0)
        unit = 'presence'
        valueBinary = ('present' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('shock' == evt.name) { // shock: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, clear = 0)
        unit = 'shock'
    }
    else if ('sleeping' == evt.name) { // sleeping: Calculate a binary value (sleeping = 1, not sleeping = 0)
        unit = 'sleeping'
        valueBinary = ('sleeping' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('smoke' == evt.name) { // smoke: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, clear/tested = 0)
        unit = 'smoke'
    }
    else if ('sound' == evt.name) { // sound: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, not detected = 0)
        unit = 'sound'
    }
    else if ('switch' == evt.name) { // switch: Calculate a binary value (on = 1, off = 0)
        unit = 'switch'
        valueBinary = ('on' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('tamper' == evt.name) { // tamper: Calculate a binary value (detected = 1, clear = 0)
        unit = 'tamper'
    }
    else if ('thermostatMode' == evt.name) { // thermostatMode: Calculate a binary value (<any other value> = 1, off = 0)
        unit = 'thermostatMode'
    }
    else if ('thermostatFanMode' == evt.name) { // thermostatFanMode: Calculate a binary value (<any other value> = 1, off = 0)
        unit = 'thermostatFanMode'
    }
    else if ('thermostatOperatingState' == evt.name) { // thermostatOperatingState: Calculate a binary value (heating = 1, <any other value> = 0)
        unit = 'thermostatOperatingState'
        valueBinary = ('heating' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('thermostatSetpointMode' == evt.name) { // thermostatSetpointMode: Calculate a binary value (followSchedule = 0, <any other value> = 1)
        unit = 'thermostatSetpointMode'
        valueBinary = ('followSchedule' == evt.value) ? '0i' : '1i'
    }
    else if ('threeAxis' == evt.name) { // threeAxis: Format to x,y,z values.
        unit = 'threeAxis'
        def valueXYZ = evt.value.split(",")
        def valueX = valueXYZ[0]
        def valueY = valueXYZ[1]
        def valueZ = valueXYZ[2]
        data += ",unit=${unit} valueX=${valueX}i,valueY=${valueY}i,valueZ=${valueZ}i" // values are integers.
    }
    else if ('touch' == evt.name) { // touch: Calculate a binary value (touched = 1, "" = 0)
        unit = 'touch'
    }
    else if ('optimisation' == evt.name) { // optimisation: Calculate a binary value (active = 1, inactive = 0)
        unit = 'optimisation'
    }
    else if ('windowFunction' == evt.name) { // windowFunction: Calculate a binary value (active = 1, inactive = 0)
        unit = 'windowFunction'
    }
    else if ('touch' == evt.name) { // touch: Calculate a binary value (touched = 1, <any other value> = 0)
        unit = 'touch'
    }
    else if ('water' == evt.name) { // water: Calculate a binary value (wet = 1, dry = 0)
        unit = 'water'
        valueBinary = ('wet' == evt.value) ? '1i' : '0i'
    }
    else if ('windowShade' == evt.name) { // windowShade: Calculate a binary value (closed = 1, <any other value> = 0)
        unit = 'windowShade'
    }
    // Catch any other event with a string value that hasn't been handled:
    else if (evt.value ==~ /.*[^0-9\.,-].*/) { // match if any characters are not digits, period, comma, or hyphen.
		logger("handleEvent(): Found a string value that's not explicitly handled: Device Name: ${deviceName}, Event Name: ${evt.name}, Value: ${evt.value}","warn")
    }
    // Catch any other general numerical event (carbonDioxide, power, energy, humidity, level, temperature, ultravioletIndex, voltage, etc).
    else {
    }

//logger("$data","info")

// Queue data for later write to InfluxDB
    queueToInfluxDb(data)
}

*  Main Commands:

/**
 *  softPoll()
 *  Executed by schedule.
 *  Forces data to be posted to InfluxDB (even if an event has not been triggered).
 *  Doesn't poll devices, just builds a fake event to pass to handleEvent().
 *  Also calls LogSystemProperties().
 **/
def softPoll() {
    logger("softPoll()","trace")

logSystemProperties()

// Iterate over each attribute for each device, in each device collection in deviceAttributes:
    def devs // temp variable to hold device collection.
            devs.each { d ->
                        handleEvent([
                        ])
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

}

/**
 *  logSystemProperties()
 *  Generates measurements for SmartThings system (hubs and locations) properties.
 **/
def logSystemProperties() {
    logger("logSystemProperties()","trace")

def locationId = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.id.toString()) + '"'
    def locationName = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.name) + '"'

// Location Properties:
    if (prefLogLocationProperties) {
        try {
            def tz = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.timeZone.ID.toString()) + '"'
            def mode = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(location.mode) + '"'
            def hubCount = location.hubs.size()
            def times = getSunriseAndSunset()
            def srt = '"' + times.sunrise.format("HH:mm", location.timeZone) + '"'
            def sst = '"' + times.sunset.format("HH:mm", location.timeZone) + '"'

def data = "_heLocation,locationId=${locationId},locationName=${locationName},latitude=${location.latitude},longitude=${location.longitude},timeZone=${tz} mode=${mode},hubCount=${hubCount}i,sunriseTime=${srt},sunsetTime=${sst}"
            queueToInfluxDb(data)
            //log.debug("LocationData = ${data}")
        } catch (e) {
		    logger("logSystemProperties(): Unable to log Location properties: ${e}","error")
        }
	}

// Hub Properties:
    if (prefLogHubProperties) {
       	location.hubs.each { h ->
        	try {
                def hubId = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.id.toString()) + '"'
                def hubName = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.name.toString()) + '"'
                def hubIP = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.localIP.toString()) + '"'
                //def hubStatus = '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.status) + '"'
                //def batteryInUse = ("false" == h.hub.getDataValue("batteryInUse")) ? "0i" : "1i"
                //def hubUptime = h.hub.getDataValue("uptime") + 'i'
                //def hubLastBootUnixTS = h.hub.uptime + 'i'
                //def zigbeePowerLevel = h.hub.getDataValue("zigbeePowerLevel") + 'i'
                //def zwavePowerLevel =  '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.hub.getDataValue("zwavePowerLevel")) + '"'
                def firmwareVersion =  '"' + escapeStringForInfluxDB(h.firmwareVersionString) + '"'

def data = "_heHub,locationId=${locationId},locationName=${locationName},hubId=${hubId},hubName=${hubName},hubIP=${hubIP} "
                data += "firmwareVersion=${firmwareVersion}"
                //data += "status=${hubStatus},batteryInUse=${batteryInUse},uptime=${hubUptime},zigbeePowerLevel=${zigbeePowerLevel},zwavePowerLevel=${zwavePowerLevel},firmwareVersion=${firmwareVersion}"
                //data += "status=${hubStatus},batteryInUse=${batteryInUse},uptime=${hubLastBootUnixTS},zigbeePowerLevel=${zigbeePowerLevel},zwavePowerLevel=${zwavePowerLevel},firmwareVersion=${firmwareVersion}"
                queueToInfluxDb(data)
                //log.debug("HubData = ${data}")
            } catch (e) {
				logger("logSystemProperties(): Unable to log Hub properties: ${e}","error")
        	}
       	}

}
}

def queueToInfluxDb(data) {
    // Add timestamp (influxdb does this automatically, but since we're batching writes, we need to add it
    long timeNow = (new Date().time) * 1e6 // Time is in milliseconds, needs to be in nanoseconds
    data += " ${timeNow}"

int queueSize = 0

synchronized(this) {
        // This could happen if someone upgrades the app, but doesn't trigger the updated() call
        if (state?.queuedData == null) {
            state.queuedData = []
        }

state.queuedData.add(data)

queueSize = state.queuedData.size()        
    }

if (queueSize > 100) {
        logger("Queue size is too big, triggering write now","info")
        writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb()
    }
}

def writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb() {
    String writeData = ""
    synchronized(this) {
        if (state.queuedData.size() == 0) {
            logger("No queued data to write to InfluxDB", "info")
            return
        }

logger("Writing queued data of size ${state.queuedData.size()} out","info")

writeData = state.queuedData.join('\n')

state.queuedData = []
    }

postToInfluxDB(writeData)
}

/**
 *  postToInfluxDB()
 *  Posts data to InfluxDB.
 *  Uses hubAction instead of httpPost() in case InfluxDB server is on the same LAN as the Smartthings Hub.
 **/
def postToInfluxDB(data) {
    logger("postToInfluxDB(): Posting data to InfluxDB: Host: ${state.databaseHost}, Port: ${state.databasePort}, Database: ${state.databaseName}, Data: [${data}]","info")
    //logger("$state", "info")
    //try {
    //    //def hubAction = new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(
    //    def hubAction = new hubitat.device.HubAction(
    //    	[
    //            method: "POST",
    //            path: state.path,
    //            body: data,
    //            headers: state.headers
    //        ],
    //        null,
    //        [ callback: handleInfluxResponse ]
    //    )
	//	
    //    sendHubCommand(hubAction)
    //    //logger("hubAction command sent", "info")
    //}
    //catch (Exception e) {
	//	logger("postToInfluxDB(): Exception ${e} on ${hubAction}","error")
    //}

// Hubitat Async http Post

try {
		def postParams = [
			uri: "http://${state.databaseHost}:${state.databasePort}/write?db=${state.databaseName}" ,
			requestContentType: 'application/json',
			contentType: 'application/json',
			body : data
			]
		asynchttpPost('handleInfluxResponse', postParams) 
	} catch (e) {	
		logger("postToInfluxDB(): Something went wrong when posting: ${e}","error")
	}

}

/**
 *  handleInfluxResponse()
 *  Handles response from post made in postToInfluxDB().
 **/
def handleInfluxResponse(hubResponse, data) {
    //logger("postToInfluxDB(): status of post call is: ${hubResponse.status}", "info")
    if(hubResponse.status >= 400) {
		logger("postToInfluxDB(): Something went wrong! Response from InfluxDB: Status: ${hubResponse.status}, Headers: ${hubResponse.headers}, Data: ${data}","error")
    }
}

*  Private Helper Functions:

/**
 *  manageSchedules()
 *  Configures/restarts scheduled tasks: 
 *   softPoll() - Run every {state.softPollingInterval} minutes.
 **/
private manageSchedules() {
	logger("manageSchedules()","trace")

// Generate a random offset (1-60):
    Random rand = new Random(now())
    def randomOffset = 0

try {
        unschedule(softPoll)
        unschedule(writeInterval)
    }
    catch(e) {
        // logger("manageSchedules(): Unschedule failed!","error")
    }

if (state.softPollingInterval > 0) {
        randomOffset = rand.nextInt(60)
        logger("manageSchedules(): Scheduling softpoll to run every ${state.softPollingInterval} minutes (offset of ${randomOffset} seconds).","trace")
        schedule("${randomOffset} 0/${state.softPollingInterval} * * * ?", "softPoll")
    }

if (state.writeInterval == "1") {
        runEvery1Minute(writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb)
    }
    else {
        "runEvery${state.writeInterval}Minutes"(writeQueuedDataToInfluxDb)
    }
}

/**
 *  manageSubscriptions()
 *  Configures subscriptions.
 **/
private manageSubscriptions() {
	logger("manageSubscriptions()","trace")

// Unsubscribe:
    unsubscribe()

// Subscribe to App Touch events:
    subscribe(app,handleAppTouch)

// Subscribe to mode events:
    if (prefLogModeEvents) subscribe(location, "mode", handleModeEvent)

// Subscribe to device attributes (iterate over each attribute for each device collection in state.deviceAttributes):
    def devs // dynamic variable holding device collection.
                logger("manageSubscriptions(): Subscribing to attribute: ${attr}, for devices: ${da.devices}","info")
                // There is no need to check if all devices in the collection have the attribute.
                subscribe(devs, attr, handleEvent)
            }
        }
    }
}

/**
 *  logger()
 *  Wrapper function for all logging.
 **/
private logger(msg, level = "debug") {

switch(level) {
        case "error":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 1) log.error msg
            break

case "warn":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 2) log.warn msg
            break

case "info":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 3) log.info msg
            break

case "debug":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 4) log.debug msg
            break

case "trace":
            if (state.loggingLevelIDE >= 5) log.trace msg
            break

default:
            log.debug msg
            break
    }
}

/**
 *  encodeCredentialsBasic()
 *  Encode credentials for HTTP Basic authentication.
 **/
private encodeCredentialsBasic(username, password) {
	def rawString = "Basic " + "${username}:${password}"
    return rawString.bytes.encodeBase64().toString()
}

/**
 *  escapeStringForInfluxDB()
 *  Escape values to InfluxDB.
 *  If a tag key, tag value, or field key contains a space, comma, or an equals sign = it must 
 *  be escaped using the backslash character \. Backslash characters do not need to be escaped. 
 *  Commas and spaces will also need to be escaped for measurements, though equals signs = do not.
 *  Further info: https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v0.10/write_protocols/write_syntax/
 **/
private escapeStringForInfluxDB(str) {
    //logger("$str", "info")
    if (str) {
        str = str.replaceAll(" ", "\\\\ ") // Escape spaces.
        str = str.replaceAll(",", "\\\\,") // Escape commas.
        str = str.replaceAll("=", "\\\\=") // Escape equal signs.
        str = str.replaceAll("\"", "\\\\\"") // Escape double quotes.
        //str = str.replaceAll("'", "_")  // Replace apostrophes with underscores.
    }
    else {
        str = 'null'
    }
    return str
}

/**
 *  getGroupName()
 *  Get the name of a 'Group' (i.e. Room) from its ID.
 *  This is done manually as there does not appear to be a way to enumerate
 *  groups from a SmartApp currently.
 *  GroupIds can be obtained from the SmartThings IDE under 'My Locations'.
 *  See: https://community.smartthings.com/t/accessing-group-within-a-smartapp/6830
 **/
private getGroupName(id) {

if (id == null) {return 'Home'}
    //else if (id == 'XXXXXXXXXXXXX') {return 'Group'}
    else {return 'Unknown'}    
}

@LosinIt, not sure if you saw my post... I did the same thing at first (adding new attributes to the code as required) but then decided to make all the attributes available in the app interface so the code doesn't need to be changed every time. See this post:

Also fixed a concurrency problem. As far as

I think the original users might not be using it anymore. Combine that to the fact that InfluxDB logger doesn't have a dedicated thread and you get that result...

Thanks, @christi999. I saw your post but tuned out when I read " concurrency problem" because that's not an issue for me, AFAICT. Silly me. So I tried your code only to find it won't Save and reports:

Importing [java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentLinkedQueue] is not allowed

Interesting, not sure where that is coming from. Are you running a recent HUB version?

I'll wait a few more days for the dust to settle before going to 2.2.1

I was running on 2.1.8 at the time so I doubt that's the problem. It will need someone with more experience in that field to know what that means.