Share HomeKit

I feel I may know the answer to this, but trying to avoid buying more hardware.

My spouse loves her iOS, she doesn’t Mi d the smarthome, as long as it works. No real interest in HE. Finally with the new release, I setup HomeKit on my phone and think, this could peak her interest.

I installed the HE HomeKit app. The iOS home mobile app looks very nice. I setup all the rooms, devices etc. want to share this to my wife, and…. No option to share.

Am I understanding correctly I need an AppleTv or HomePod to share my Home setup with others in my house?

Not sure about the need for a home hub. But a used HomePod or Apple TV would be good. Try this anyway: Share control of your home - Apple Support

Edit: Yes, looks like you need a home hub to share. Apple TVs are great, but if you don't want one, a used HomePod would ALSO be handy for announcements using the new HomeKit TTS feature in this release of the HE firmware. About $69 and you get both features. :slight_smile:

You also have to have your wife setup under Family Sharing in your iPhone settings if you do not already have it set that way.

1 Like

Yea, we are a Roku house, reviews that compare roku with apple tv make me want to stay put.

Thanks for the advice on a used HomePod, i'll look around for one.

Also, already sharing. Thanks!