Shade issue on C7 (Post C5-C7 migration using Protect)

I have had a fair bit amount of issues with my Bali brand shades in past, but thanks to assistance from @ZebraBlinds I was able to able to resolve it. But after moving from C5 to C7 using Hub Protect based backup, I seem to be back in the same spot with my shades. The issue is erratic behavior while opening. I have a rule that opens my downstairs shades (all running 11.3 firmware version) to 50% open position & upstairs shades (running older 11.0 firmware) to 100% open position in the morning, and the sunset rule closes them all. I have monitored them for last two weeks since my migration to C7, some of these do not open in the morning, and some don't close when the respective rules run. But manually rerunning the rule or closing it from the device page works.

Not sure if z-wave mesh is playing a role, I do see failed nodes while running repair on shade devices.

Can you post a screen shot of these devices in your Z-Wave Details page?

Are the details above, what you wanted to see @bcopeland ?

The firmware update itself should have addressed any issues on the end of the shade with it intermittently stopping when running as a group.

are the 11.0 and 11.3 shades both showing this behavior?

Yes, there seem to be 3 main problem children (a few others did that but only 1 day), two of which are on 11.3 and one is 11.0.

Any assistance for this folks? @bcopeland It's getting frustrating with randomness of the shades. It's definitely related with C7 because it started the very next day after C5->C7 Migration.

Hello I found this thread while contemplating moving my Bali shades from Smartthings to Hubitat C-7. Are you still experiencing issues? I'm nervous about moving 22 shades over to Hubitat and running into the same problems.

So far Ive moved all my z-wave lights switches and as many devices as I could to get local control. The shades work fine on Smartthings but now I have to run Hubitat and Smartthings in parallel which is not ideal.

Sorry for a late response. Didn't see this until today. My issue is very specific to sporadic miss on opening or closing shades to an intermittent position (We open our shades only to 50%? And it is sporadic, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. And I seem to be the only one with that problem on this forum. So go ahead and try the migration,

@bcopeland a friendly nudge.

Thanks. There is a set of shades that I usually only bring down 60% so I hope those wouldn't be affected. Also, how was the migration from ST-->HE? Was it a pretty easy process? I couldn't find any documentation on how to do it exactly. Did you have to reprogram channels on the autoview remote?

It was painless. Barring a couple of small things, every rule & device worked as intended.

You can manually migrate, and there is documentation/posts for it but it can be long ardor process if you have a lot of devices. The easy & automated way is to use Protect Service (that is how I did it). Check the documentation for it here.