Shade controller issues in Homebridge + Homekit

So, I have installed HomeBridge, linked it to Hubitat by installing tonesto7' Homebridge v2 plugin, got my devices to show up in homekit on my iphone, lights turn on and off and dim from there, no problem. But then it has a hard time with shades, I have a Zemismart Zigbee 3.0 motor, and another shade controlled by an aeotec nano shutter module. Both work very well in HE, but from homebridge or homekit, the do not close or open completely, or close by ignoring the upper limit (you can imagine the damage this could have done). Anyone had similar issues, and anyone has had more luck with other roller shade devices from HE to Homekit ?
Thanks,
Amine.

The HomeKit controls for shades are a bit wonky. Typically a single tap on the device without pulling up the device details should issue a open or close command to the device. However if you pull up the device it will only issue set position commands. Depending on your device/driver this might pose a problem.

I’m not using the same devices/drivers as you so I can’t say for sure what is happening, but my guess is that the commands coming through homebridge might not be the commands you want.

Besides the weirdness in how the HomeKit UI works it also gets confused by position reporting. If your desired closed position is reported back as non zero it will either think the shades are still open, or worse in a perpetual state of “closing.”

The first thing I would suggest is to turn on logging of the commands in the plug-in to see what commands are being sent, ie open/close vs set position. That should help troubleshoot what is going on under the hood.

Based on that you might need to create a virtual shade device that uses rule machine to control the actual driver. Basically acting as a wrapper to clean up how the device behaves and reports to homebridge.

I like to idea of the virtual machine, had not thought of that...
Update: I deactivated the original plugin I had (tonesto7' Homebridge v2), and installed the MakerAPI plugin, and it now works a lot better: homekit now respects the end-limits (up and down). The only issue I have is that homebridge sees the state in reverse, so if the shade is closed it sees it open, so I have to hit close if I want to open and vice versa.

I have read somewhere that it can be fixed in a config file in the pluging, but couldn't find that file or option to access one anywhere in homebridge...