Severe CPU Load?

I only have 1 ecobee thermostat. I removed the sensor. I have the most up to date ecobee suite software. I just readded it today to see if it comes back. Now this time I only installed the ecobee suite and none of the add ons.

I have a hubitat C7 Hub.

As for putting it in 2 threads I started it in here and just moved to the other thread.

Here are the live logs but I just put the ecobee back on hubitat this morning.

You do need to install the code for all of the ES Helpers and Devices, even if you aren’t using them, else there can be memory corruption.

Do you have any OTHER non-standard apps running on your hub? You might want to remove Webcore and anything else that isn’t standard as well…

2 Likes

These are the runtime logs - check your Live Logging to see if anything is generating errors…error handling can really mess up memory on these little machines.

2 Likes

Here is a link to my logs for the past 10 hours.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XnSt3xtC92KTEtmMcnixgo1jAtVQFYNnq7eT9tcIZSw/edit?usp=sharing

FYI - screenshots are usually easier to deal with

After much research, thanks to @FriedCheese2006, we have determined that the severe CPU load increase is related to lengthy ES Manager cycle times/polling cycles. Tentatively, the solution is to set your polling cycle to 1 minute.

I will research as to why this is happening, but until then my recommendation is to use 1 minute polling cycles whenever using Helpers and/or automations with Ecobee Suite.

5 Likes

Are you saying a minimum of 1 minute or you recommending a one minute for everybody? Mine is currently set to 3 minutes should I move it to 1 minute?

yes - set to 1 minute and let me know if things work better for you...

@bravenel : Any intent on fixing this? This address (http://192.168.xx.xx/logs#device-stats-panel) no longer leads where it's supposed to.

The right page is /runtimeStats#device-stats-panel.
If there's a link to the old page in 2.2.7 somewhere, it has definitely been fixed in upcoming 2.2.8.

OK. However,there's also the matter of accessing the page where one gets to override events history max size... As long as there's no alert on the main page, there's no way that I could find to access this page without knowing the url... Seems pretty messy to me.

If you do a search or ask around here, you’ll find that many of the endpints are known.

:beers:
(apologies @thebearmay)

1 Like

Has anyone noticed a significant drop in their cpu of the past few days, only thing I've done is upgrading the c5 to latest version, c7 still on the old version. But they both have dropped about 0.1

Nope. Same here.

Upgraded this hub on the 23rd:

It's strange not changed anything these are 3 hour average

I have noticed that my hubs (both C-5 on .228) are running faster than they ever have.

It’s been like this since the update. Maybe some magic sauce @gopher.ny added? Hub Mesh?

2.2.7 alternates between database defrag and compact when rebooted. Two reboots should get database into top shape and running better (as long as it's not corrupted).

9 Likes

Looks like this is exactly what I was doing here...

@storageanarchy

Is setting the polling time still true as the fix? I am running the latest version of ES, it does seem like everyone week or so I get thrown a severe CPU notice.