Setup and run cenralite pearl

So i have two of these and would like to setup and start automating

I browsed around. Does HE have internal drivers or do i need to download drivers?

Anyone want to share ur rules that are cool to manage.

Thank you

1 Like

Ok good deal i read that one but wasnt sure if there was newer info

A driver for this thermostat is built in.

1 Like

But, somebody had said the built-in driver doesn't support the hold button...is that true? If so, can it be updated to do so?

Yeah, the built in driver doesn't have hold, so if you don't need hold you can use the built in driver

What does the hold button do exactly. I assume the above mentioned driver handles hold?

All its supposed to is override local and command based set point changes, which you can do via other means if need be.

I think i understand. Does anyone have any rules they can share how they handle thermostats?

I wrote an app to schedule set point changes. It is not user friendly and Bruce is working on a thermostat scheduling app that will work exactly the same way, which is to say that based on the hub mode and weekdays, you can set heat and cool set points.

I think others have written apps to set the thermostat mode to either heat or cool based upon temperature(s). My husband likes to control that himself and also likes to override the automatic set point changes with the Hold if he feels like it is appropriate.

If you automate the thermostat enough, you don't really need to worry about the Hold, but it is there on the thermostat so people may wonder what it does and why it doesn't work :slight_smile:.