Setting up echo speaks

Just got this message when trying to log on

cleared cookies no help

I'm Going to log off for the day. If you can think of anything else please let me know.
Thanks again foe all your time.

I reinstalled everything and it now looks like a go. All echo devices show in echo speaks app. I will setup some rules and test later today.
Thanks Again :+1:

1 Like

Glad you got it working, I added some info to my instructions to help along the next person who tries on windows docker.

Is there a way to erase this thread? Or remove my IP info.

Are you referring to your 192.168.x.x IP addresses? There is no concern regarding sharing those addresses publicly, as those addresses are used by almost every home user behind a NAT router. Unless you've opened up your router to externally initiated traffic using your router's Port Forwarding option, there is no way for anyone to access anything on your home network.

2 Likes

You can edit any of your posts to remove whatever details you’d like.

But for what it’s worth, there’s no reason to hide your local IP address from the rest of us on the internet. It literally has no use outside of your network.

I’ll share the IP address of the PC running Echo Speaks in my house to prove the point. It’s 192.168.1.53. There’s nothing a hacker even in the most depraved corners of the internet can do with that IP address.

If the public IP address of your router at home was included in any of your posts above, then you should remove that.

The only thing you should remove is the callback url which has your hub ID and token. Just edit the post and remove the screenshot.

Otherwise I think this thread has some good examples in it.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/setting-up-echo-speaks/124642/4?u=jtp10181

1 Like

Is there a sound library we can use on Hubitat?
I'd like to play a sound before the rule activates.
I know you can using Alexa.

I have a raspberri pi setup to manage amazon cookies .... I cannot set it on a static address since the router I have will not allow that. Is there a way to to set it up so that if the IP of the PI changes after a router reboot it will still find it ?

Couldn't you manually set the IP address of your Raspberry pi on the device itself - outside of the range of DHCP on your router?

Thanks. So if I set it static on the pi. The router won’t try and reassign?
I will give it a try

Should be outside the router’s DHCP pool.

1 Like

I believe you stated that you could not do reservations on your router, so from that I'd venture to say it should not reassign anything.

It's a little odd, but let's assume you can't. If you can't assign a static IP, that also may mean that you can't assign a DHCP range? In that case, if it was me, I'd go with the last possible IP ... so if your range is 192.168.1.X I would then assign my Raspberry Pi to 192.168.1.255. The chances of a conflict in that case is slim - not impossible, but slim.

The last IP would be 192.168.1.254. IP ranges start with 0.

192.168.1.0 = Subnet ID

192.168.1.255 = Broadcast Address

192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254 = Host Range

3 Likes

I try and click on the goto login page and get an error...ive tried multiple times
and get Alexa 404 Sorry, we couldn't find that page.

I've deleted the heroku app and reinstalled, multiple times and ....im stuck ..any help would be appreciated

I got stuck with the same error. I kept working on it for weeks and never found a solution. If somebody does have one, I'd love to hear it too!