Setting up echo speaks

I am just seeing now that you have portainer installed as an extension. I had no idea that was even an option. The instructions I posted were for a manual install of portainer. I do not think that should be an issue though from seeing your ES container in the normal docker containers view.

On the stack file you could try changing the network_mode to bridge instead of host mode. I think docker for windows just ignores it and runs in bridge mode anyway but not sure. In the screenshot I asked for of the container view in portainer, it is not showing everything on the right side so I cannot actually see the details I wanted to see.

Tried link as posted " http://localhost:8091"... This site can’t be reached. All Firewalls off

not sure how to do this

Its a setting in the stack, you just change the word from host to bridge.

No, open the Stack, click Editor. Its in the text you copied from my tutorial.
Change the settings and click Update button at bottom.

Here: [GUIDE] Echo Speaks Server on Docker (or without)

EDIT: I updated the example stack file in my guide to have more instructions for Windows installs! Sorry, I was not aware leaving it on host mode would totally break it, I thought it just ignored it.

Sorry don't see that

t

Tried going to login page

The 404 thing is a known issue, you might need to refresh the page a couple of times.

No Good. Refreshed page 6+ times

1 Like

You dont have to access it from within the ES app. Just try going to that url in another browser or directly on the host machine. Seems like you must have the callback URL set already so all you need to do is get it logged into amazon and it should start working. You may need to press back, refresh the main page then click login again. I forget how I got it to work exactly.

I'm on the host machine and tried another browser, refresh and back with no luck

Just got this message when trying to log on

cleared cookies no help

I'm Going to log off for the day. If you can think of anything else please let me know.
Thanks again foe all your time.

I reinstalled everything and it now looks like a go. All echo devices show in echo speaks app. I will setup some rules and test later today.
Thanks Again :+1:

1 Like

Glad you got it working, I added some info to my instructions to help along the next person who tries on windows docker.

Is there a way to erase this thread? Or remove my IP info.

Are you referring to your 192.168.x.x IP addresses? There is no concern regarding sharing those addresses publicly, as those addresses are used by almost every home user behind a NAT router. Unless you've opened up your router to externally initiated traffic using your router's Port Forwarding option, there is no way for anyone to access anything on your home network.

2 Likes

You can edit any of your posts to remove whatever details you’d like.

But for what it’s worth, there’s no reason to hide your local IP address from the rest of us on the internet. It literally has no use outside of your network.

I’ll share the IP address of the PC running Echo Speaks in my house to prove the point. It’s 192.168.1.53. There’s nothing a hacker even in the most depraved corners of the internet can do with that IP address.

If the public IP address of your router at home was included in any of your posts above, then you should remove that.