Setting up a 2 button switch

Hello, first time with Hubitat. Managed to setup my Z-wave light switch (single gang/button) no issues. But if I have 2 or more button switches, then only the first one is seen/controlled. How do I set up 2 or more button switches? I saw a post here titled can-only-see-one-button-in-button-controller-3-1/57749 and created a virtual button, set to 2 (or more) but once I hit Save Device, it goes back to the original single button device. Any help appreciated.

Welcome aboard @c.kanes.

It may help (most likely other people) help you if you list the make/model of the light switch and which driver you are using.

Simon

4 Likes

Apologies - they are Hogar Control switches. Model is not listed. I selected Generic Z-Wave Switch (or Generic Z-Wave Smart Switch) both of which work for a single button switch. Even for 2,3, and 4 button switches, the first button works fine. Getting others to be recognized is the issue I'm facing.

OK after some (a lot!) more Googling, I've figured it out. If you have a 2,3,4,6,8 gang (button) switch panels, then you need a new Driver for each of them. I'm using Hogar Control Z-wave switches, and since they aren't natively supported, I had to create a new driver. I had no idea how to do this, so I copied the one from pastebin (search rE02fmZr) and on line 225, changed 3 to the number of buttons I had. I'm now able to access each switch button individually. Hope this helps someone else new to Hubitat

Hii,
well I guess you all ready tried this but in case you didnt, I have Lumi switches and now I see they are listed as " name=Hogar Controls: Lumi LM-S4ZW".
The 3 button switches works great for me with the Generic Z-wave plus multiswitch
after configering it works fast and pretty accurate

1 Like

Hi thanks for that! I hadn't tried that actually - they do seem to work much better with automation than my above solution. Note my previous solution did work, but this seems much better! You said your Lumi switches are listed as "name=Hogar Controls...". Where did you see this? Thanks anyway for the info.

1 Like

I found out using this driver [Beta Release] Advanced "Every Device Customized" Zwave Plus Dimmer/Switch Driver - Custom Apps and Drivers / Custom Drivers - Hubitat

I need it for a single, 2 light buttons and 1 roller button, switch. any of the three works with the generic drivers but not together with the same driver

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.