Sensibo and Hubitat integration

Hi,
I tried all the unofficial integrations and nothing worked for me :confused:
So I decided to try the custom apps in the first time and created a simple integrations between Hubitat and Sensibo.

Here is my Sensibo integration:

The integration is getting as input the Sensibo API key, will get all the devices from Sensibo and will create a virtual switch for every device.

Then I can control with the switch in the Sensibo device - for now only on/off.
It is also fetching for every device the status from Sensibo, in case it was changed from the remote control, so the Hubitat switch will always be synced.

I'm pretty proud with my first app, but do have some questions:

1. Is it good practice to fetch status every 1 min for every device? or it will be too heavy?
  2. Is Sensibo API stable? should I assume it will not break every day?
2 Likes

You should be.... Can't say I have looked at the code, but having an App that does at least what you need and work as you need it is an achievement to be celebrated.

That will likely depend on your own setup, whether it be you HE hub, or other services and devices involved. Basically... It depends... :-).... Honestly, just set it up how you want and monitor it :slight_smile: As for others and handling their needs in your App, a setting for the period between status updates would be useful, then setup the recurring status update based on that setting, allow people to adjust it be longer between updates if their circumstance demand it.

Assume it will break... Yes... Have I done this... No.... :slight_smile:
But seriously... Aside from feedback from HE users, I would research other implementations of integrations with Sensibo, both here and on other Home Automation platforms, to gauge the reliability of the Sensibo platform. And always assume it will fail.... Again Have I done this.... ...... :wink:

Thank you for the answer.
I did added some improvements as you suggested, the time of status fetch can be changed now and I also added delete orphans mechanism.

Working really good untill now, I will add more functionality like get temperature, change fan etc in the future.

1 Like

I tried your code, and it works. This is great, thanks. I have just gotten started in Groovy myself installing it last week.

You said you tried all the unofficial integrations, and nothing worked. I too have tried all codes I could find and nothing worked.

However, after working through some of the coding that VeloWulf did a couple of years ago I was able to butcher some lines in the app and driver to get mine working. Is this something you wish to try, or are you looking to rebuild from the ground up? If so, you are off to a great start.

1 Like

Happy it worked for you, I did some changes and improvements I will commit it soon

At the risk of exposing my ignorance as a brand new Hubitat user, how do I intall your app? Do I need to put the API key in somewhere in the code? Are there other fields or data to edit before saving the app? I assume I would install it as an app versus a driver?

My use-case is really simple. I use Climate React on my Sensibo unit for a Mitsu mini-split in my garage in Florida. I'd like to set up a rule to turn the AC off via Sensibo whenever the garage door tilt sensor detects that the door is open. I often forget to turn it off if I leave the door open and end up air conditioning the whole block and wasting a ton of electricity.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

OK, never mind, I read the instructions on installing an app and it worked flawlessly. It just seems too easy…. What I’ll do is quit using climate react and just set some rules to control on/off for temperature and humidity using an old but pretty accurate Everspring sensor as well as the status of the garage door. Thanks for this app!

1 Like

Hello gabayarden,
Congratulations on your work so far. I don't know groovy but reading it doesn't really bother me. I have coded almost my entire life in other languages. Maybe one day I'll do like you and code groovy. That being said, if you want to check things out on your Sensibo integration, I have three in my solution. I am available to provide you with feedback.

1 Like