Sengled Smart Wifi LED multicolor will not discover in Hub

I have a Sengled smart wifi LED multicolor bulb that is not discoverable to the hub. I've looked over the forums both on hubitat and other places and can never see it show up.
I will say this is my first hubitat and I'm trying to get things setup.
Troubleshooting that I've have done

• Reset the Sengled bulb by doing the 5x on/off - Bulb will flash 3x then go in a color pattern then just stay on
  • Deleted bulb from Sengled app
  • Restarted the hubitat and I'm on the newest firmware as of today
  • Zigbee channel is set to 20
  • Moved the bulb next to the hubitat < 1 foot away in a lamp.

Any suggestions on why it won't discover the bulb? I'm thinking the bulb is not discoverable, I was able to connect it to my wifi at one time and control it.

Thanks in advance!

Hubitat doesn't support wifi bilbs.

Hubitat does support Wi-Fi bulbs (and Wi-Fi devices in general), but the key is that there needs to be some documented (or at least reverse-engineered) API. The Yeelight bulbs are Wi-Fi and natively supported, for example. LIFX is Wi-Fi and has a community integration.

The Sengled Wi-Fi bulb won't work because it's apparently designed to talk only to their cloud via proprietary, undocumented methods. The Zigbee Sengled bulbs (or anything else from the compatible devices list) would pair and work natively.

Sorry that there isn't better news here. :grimacing:

Thanks all, I'm new and assumed it was a zigbee device, guess I ordered the wrong one, oh well. Still have other devices I can connect. Got to check for that zigbee, zware next time!

Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, I should have said Hubitat doesn't natively support wifi bulbs.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn't realize you could pair the Yeelight bulbs directly to the hub. Learn something new every day!