Sengled RGB Candelabra Bulbs Frequent Reset

I have recently purchased 4 Sengled Smart Candelabra E12 450 LM/40W equivalent bulbs to run in my two entranceway coach lamp holders. There are two repeaters nearbye within 5 feet or so. I used the generic Zigbee pairing approach with the bulbs paired in a socket close to the HE hub since none of the Sengled specific pairing selections worked. In each case the bulbs paired quickly and appeared to respond well. I then moved them to their final location and waited an hour before checking them. All bulbs appeared to work correctly, responding to level and color commands correctly individually.
I then grouped them since I usually turn them on and off together. This also worked correctly during a few manual tests to check the behavior, setting level and on/off as a group. However, after two days first one then more of the bulbs appeared to fall off the mesh and became unresponsive. I tried resetting the hub without success. I then power cycled all the bulbs (20 seconds off) and voila they all reconnected. Another couple of days of normal operation and I noted the same behavior with an initial connection issue with one bulb.
Any other ideas or suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this issue?
BillS

I'd try resetting the bulbs and pairing them in place. I have 6 of those in two ceiling fan light fixtures and haven't had a single issue since installation. I paired them to the hub directly from the fixtures.

I know folks have a tendency to recommend doing initial pairings close to the hub, but, aside from locks, I've never had a need to do so.

I had paired them initially in place but had issues where it would appear to pair but never completed the initialization, so I went back to pairing close to the hub. This worked over the first few operations but then failed the next day. Trying power cycle reset again :confused: though if it persists I may try to reset in place and see how that works though it is difficult to do individually as access to the bulbs is pretty restricted - I guess I could put them in and re-pair them one at a time.

I'd just reset them and re-pair all at once. No need to do them individually. If they can't be paired in place, I'd be suspicious as to whether or not your repeaters are actually working.

Yes, there is that aspect too. I originally tried to pair all devices "on location" but it is possible some repeaters are distorting communications. I wonder if there is some concrete way to test this...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.