Sengled lights popcorn not responding

I have 10 sengled color element bulbs in my house hooked directly to hubitat and they work fantastic.
So I recommend my parents get them for their can lights in the kitchen and pendant lights.
They have 3a19 and 5 br30 bulbs in recessed can lights.
They are set to activate on motion from an iris v3 motion sensor.
Sometimes all come on sometimes some come on sometimes they come on but don't go off

I figured they needed some repeaters since they are about 30 feet I
Away from the hub in cans so got two ikea plug ins which also work great in my house
I installed yesterday as well as removed and repaired every bulb.
Still having issues
I am using the sengled color element driver
I changed them all to the new advanced driver zigbee rgbw and they automation would not work at all

Did you assign the lights to group lighting? I have 7 bulbs on a single group and also setup zigbee group messaging:

I didn't
But I have them set individualy on the automation. Also switched from motion lighting app to simple automation in case it was an app issue
In case it was a group issue

Trying experiments with Groups and Scenes, that will eliminate "popcorn" lighting for Zigbee devices if they support groups. For example you have K-can's in one group and and the Sink light individually. I am too using simple automation for this. You would then just need one or two devices to be controlled vs 7 or more.

I'll give that a try

It seems that if you are trying to control more than 3 bulbs separately the radio gets overwhelmed because there is no delay between commands and they are all sent at once. Using ZGM fixes that because itโ€™s then just one command. Theyโ€™re looking into a fix from what I read.

Well it was either changing it to trigger group and turning on group msg that or the repeaters settling into the mesh since I just installed them less than 24 hours ago but they seem to be working good now.

2 Likes