Sengled LED Strip light question

I searched the forum and could not find anything on this topic, sorry if it has been discussed already.

I am having a hard time getting Sengled Extensions (no one has them local and Amazon shipping is a month out), so I got to thinking can I use a "full strip" as an extension and it works (I know, I'm slow sometimes). In reading more it looks like you can run up to 10 on 1 power supply/controller.

However I noticed while doing it that the color from one strip to the next is not 100% the same. Most colors are SUPER close to the exact same but SWMBO wants purple. Purple is just ever so slightly off from strip to strip, with some being closer than others (all Sengled LED strips at this point)

Is it normal for LED strip lights to differ off a little?

Also this adventure got me thinking about using "off brand" extensions, so my second question is

Can you "mix/match" different LED brands?

Which lead me to...if I connect two or more Sengled strips together I end up with spare power supply/controllers. Can I use them to power/control a different brand of LED strip?

I notice some strips are called 5050 and others having different names, but I do not know what those numbers mean. My guess is it is all in the design/build of the LED strip and as long as they have the same "pin outs" they should work.

Has anyone done this, or know way more than my limited knowledge on the subject?

Thanks for any insights.

Power loss over the run can effect the color YouTube he explains it at 4:24, Also many strips require a certain amount of watts and controllers have a limit on how many watts can pass through so in many cases you would be limited to 2 16' strips on one controller with a 10 amp power supply at 12 volts.

Great info, but in my case the color difference is there when each strip has it's own power and controller. I took a picture but the camera doesn't pick it up.

To test I switched strip/controller combinations and 1 of 3 is slightly more red than the other 2. It is mostly noticeable in orange and purple (makes sense).

The psu/controller says limit 10 (24v 21.5W)

I'll check and see if I can find other strip with 5 pins and 24v/21.5 watts.

EDIT: for my application I have two strip in one location and 1 in another, so I am going to move things around so the "miscolored" strips are not next to each other and moms the word :shushing_face:

If no other brands will work I'll just wait till May to get the rest of the lengths. Being stuck at home is not as fun when the fun projects run out. On to the "chores" I guess.

Lately when I order things on amazon it may say shipping is a month out due to covid but I usually get it within days like normal.

Lucky you. I have been waiting on a replacement laptop fan for 3 weeks!
Got one from eBay and it was louder than the one I need to replace :man_facepalming: