Sengled Element Plus Bulbs Disconnections and Slow Response Time

I have been using my setup for about a year in the current configuration. I have 8 zigbee sengled Element plus bulbs that have stayed connected pretty much the entire time. Recently I had a few that had issues and seemed to have disconnected. I have gone through the procedure to reconnect them (on off switch 10 times, then re-find the device on the zigbee page). This connection seems to last a day then the bulb disconnects again. This started a chain of events where I have had 3 of the bulbs disconnect now.

I went ahead and reset all the lights and reconnected them to my C-8 running the latest sw release. Now I am noticing slow updates from the lights (on/off status, level, ect.) which is messing with automation that use the (turn on only off items) which have worked well over the past few months. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions on debugging steps? ( have tried hitting configure on all the bulbs)

I've had that problem with Sengled Bulbs for at least that long. It begins with a power failure or two. I suspect the real problem has to do with Zigbee. I have replaced one bulb with Innr and it hasn't required a manual re-set since installation. Another I recently replaced with a Linkind Matter bulb and it works without hangs (so far). I suspect what is happening is the zigbee network reconfigures too often and the bulbs can't find a new connection and give up trying. It's one reason I depend on smart switches for my lighting, where possible.

Assuming the problem is zigbee reconfiguring too often, there are known bad boys who cause that problem - for me it was old Sylvania/LEDAdvance light strips. Replacing those helped but there is still more to do - I suspect I need replace some outlet/repeaters with better performers.

1 Like