Sengled Element Color Plus Bulb stopped working

I have two of these that bought a couple of months and I have a couple of rules that manage these. They still turn on & off from rules but don't change colors. When I go to the device page, none of the commands are working for both of these including turning off/on.

Any idea why these got frozen? Is the best course of action to delete these (not very proficient with Zigbee) and readd, if so how should I exclude them from the HE & readd them?

This means they are still connected/paired to Hubitat. Did you change the driver used by these bulbs at any point of time? In any event, before you reset and pair them again, I would recommend trying the following:

1. Assuming they are using either the "Sengled Element Color Plus" or "Generic Zigbee RGBW Light" drivers, hit the Configure button on the device page 2-3 times. Check and see if they respond to color changes from the device page.

If that does not happen, then:

1. Switch drivers and hit Configure 2-3 times. By this I mean, if they're using the "Sengled Element Color Plus" driver, switch it to the "Generic Zigbee RGBW Light" driver and vice-versa.

If they still don't respond, then factory reset the bulbs and re-pair them to Hubitat. You do not have to delete the devices; they will pair back with the original device ids and names.

3 Likes

Did you change the driver used by these bulbs at any point of time?

No, never.

hit the Configure button on the device page 2-3 times. Check and see if they respond to color changes from the device page

Tried but no go.

Switch drivers and hit Configure 2-3 times

This too didn't work

If they still don't respond, then factory reset the bulbs and re-pair them to Hubitat.

This will be my next step. They are up high in a ceiling, so it's going to be some work to get these down. Will report back once done.

The factory resets fixed the issue. I am still not sure why it went haywire at the first place but I am having a lot of issues with my current hub but at least symptoms of this issue is fixed. Thanks for your help again!

1 Like