Sengled element color plus Alexa integration [Solved]

I just purchased a Sengled element color plus from Amazon Prime day. I've been able to connect the bulb with Hubitat and can change the color from the online portal. I'm struggling to get it to connect to the Amazon Alexa I have in the same room. I originally had the Amazon Echo App but after reading a few posts removed it and then switched to the Amazon Echo Skill. Now I can't get my Alexa App to find the Bulb in discovery. I was able to connect the bulb when I had the Echo App but that was just on/off control. I have removed all the paired devices in the Alexa App and from the Hubitat portal but now I can't get the bulb to rediscover. Any advice on things to try would be great.

You may have done this already, but just double checking. Have you selected it as a discoverable device in the skill?

Yes I made sure to select it in the skill.

Welcome to the Hubitat Community. Make sure you have removed the bulb from any Alexa groups. I don't think it's persistent in groups after it has been deleted, but I also don't trust that software to function the way it should.

I have a bunch of Sengled Color bulbs that I use via the Alexa Skill. While I don’t have any additional advice other than what’s already been given above, I just wanted you to know that these bulbs do work with Alexa via the Amazon Echo Skill. You did enable the Hubitat Skill from within the Alexa Mobile App on your phone, correct? Doing so will walk you through logging into Hubitat, connecting to your hub, and selecting devices. This process automatically installs the “Amazon Echo Skill” on your hub.

1 Like

I didn't realize that there was a Hubitat skill that needed to be enabled in the Alexa App. I will try this tonight once I get home from work.

1 Like

Ok it looks like adding the Hubitat skill in the Alexa App fixed the issue I was having. Thanks for the help!

1 Like