Sengled color bulbs?

@danabw, that is just mean!! Spoken like a fan of a lesser team.
I hate to think I am probably one of the few (on here) that was alive when the GLORIOUS Toronto Maple Leafs last won the cup.

Noted an odd thing with my bulbs, the model from amazon is E11-N1EA but, HE shows me model E21-N1EA in the data field.

2 Likes

Maybe the info there varies by driver? Mine are correctly identified.

Or possible differences in FW versions. Are yours the same as mine (posted above)?

For context, I belive that was back when skis and skates were made of wood, right? :wink:

1 Like

The firmware drivers are different and just changed the driver to the Advanced Zigbee RBGW driver and didnt change the model number. I went back through all the orders and all are the same model number. very odd.

The puck was a frozen horse poo puck

@robertsonlodge, sorry mate for hijacking your thread! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No problem at all my friend. You guys saved my bulbs and my sanity. Then, to top it off, added some valuable additional information. You guys rock!

3 Likes

Interesting footnote: I mentioned having two of these Sengled Color Bulbs. They came together, two in the same box. I installed one many months ago in a floor lamp for accenting. I could never get it work consistently or well at all. I finally just removed it from the system and there it sat. A couple days ago, I was rearranging some bulbs and lights and remembered having one of the color bulbs still in the box, never used. I thought I would give it a shot. I could install it in a lamp that I might change color sometime and moved the current smart white bulb to a new lamp. During that install is where I started this post and you guys helped. That new bulb would not work with the "Sengled Element Color Plus" driver, but worked great with the "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" driver. All is well. So well, I thought I'd reinstall the one sitting in that afore mentioned floor lamp. It paired well but would not work at all with the "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" driver. UUuuuuugggg whutup! So, for grins, I changed it to the "Sengled Element Color Plus" driver, and it works fine.
That's right, two same bulbs from the same package but each respond to different drivers. I am continuously amazed.

2 Likes

That is interesting...possible causes:

• Different FW (you can see the FW versions in the Data section on the device pages)
  • Reporting different HW versions, which might lead to issues (though seems unlikely

Glad that it remained a generally happy ending, I guess choice is always good. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.