Sengled color bulbs refuse to automate with motion sensor

As the title says, My Sengled color bulbs are refusing to work with motion based automations. I have some white color temp ones that do but all the color ones stopped working. I can control them with the app, buttons, Alexa, etc. Any thoughts?

PS I have tried the room lighting and even back to simple automations but no luck.

Maybe post screen shots of your automations, and enable logging in the automations and your bulbs and run the automation and then post logs.

3 Likes

Watching closely, as half of my Sengled automations stopped working over the past two weeks. I have been too busy to do anything other than shotgun troubleshooting.

I have four Sengled bulbs in use, two in/automations, two contolled via buttons. All have worked flawlessly for the past couple of years - I've never seen them fail to respond as expected once they are set up.

If you guys can:

1. Post your automations using your Sengled bulbs (Rule Machine, Room Lighting, etc.
  2. Let us know what other Zigbee bulbs you are using, if any

Then folks here can take a look and make (hopefully useful/intelligent) suggestions. :slight_smile: And if you're really lucky, @rlithgow1 might even grace us w/a meme. :smiley:

1 Like

I am using:
2 x (E11-N1EAWA) RGBCT - both automated and no issues.
2 x (E11-N13AW) "100W equivalent" - only one is automated and it is intermittent.
9 x (E11-G13) "60W equivalent" - all are automated and most are now wonky. At least one has not given me any issues.

My automations are in webCoRE and have been running for >6 months. I have already fully logged several pistons to confirm that they trigger and show events for setting level and turning off. Unlike @jnosa899 (sorry for hijacking your thread!), I then find inconsistent results in controlling via the HE app, SharpTools, etc.

I have tried re-pairing a few bulbs (no change). I tried changing from the Sengled driver to Advanced Zigbee Bulb (inconsistent results - may operate for a brief period then drop again). Even just hitting "Configure" can sometimes make it work for a bit. I tried powering down the hub from Settings and removing power for 30 minutes (no change).

My next step would be to assume corruption and revert to a back-up. That won't be for a few days due to travel, so I would be delighted to learn of any other thoughts in the meantime.

You can do a soft reset, in which you download you current system backup (the download process should clear-up any corruption isssues), reset, and then restore the backup you just downloaded.

I'd suggest you try the Advanced Zigbee bulb driver, at least I've had no issues with it with two 100watt equivs, and two Sengled color bulbs - however (as you may already know) it takes specific steps when you change to this driver.

Trying it now. Anyone not familiar can look here. I admit that I did.

Left work a few minutes early so I could stop at home and try this before heading out the door. What could go wrong?

I was able to test 7 of the "60W" bulbs that have motion automations. All operated, though one came on at the wrong level at first. I will call that a qualified success. Thanks for the tip!

Fortune favors the informed. :slight_smile: Glad you found the doc and have made some progress. Did you change to the Advanced Zigbee driver yet? I find these settings work well for me:

I played a bit before the soft reset, but not after. 6 of the bulbs are in closets, where I appreciate a 2 second ON transition and medium start rate. My eyes are too delicate for ASAP, unless it's security lighting.

Most of my lighting automations dim after some period of inactivity, then off after longer inactivity. For that, I like the 5 second transition. Noticeable, but not subtle.

1 Like

"Why isn't my closet light coming on?"
Not what I wanted to hear this morning. Confirmed that motion sensor and webCoRE piston ran properly. Bulb is not responding from the Device page. This one had not previously failed, so it was still on the Sengled driver. Changing to the Advanced Zigbee Bulb driver and configuring has no response.

Were they working for a while and then stopped working, or have they always been problemmatic? Wondering if you have a Zigbeen mesh issue...mine have just been rock solid, no muss, no fuss.

Any network changes recently (new AP or ?).

These were set up when we moved in Dec/21. Same basic automations as we used at our last house. That is the frustrating part.

Ordered a couple of Lifx bulbs just to make sure that my wife's life is not interrupted. Gotta keep the world in order.