Sengled and Zigbee Group Messaging

Mike, thanks for the explanation re the firmware.
all my Sengled bulbs (10) are 80CC

these are the bulbs, https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0899LJHVV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

what's the model name listed in the device data section of the driver details?

FWIW, these are the ones that I have:

Same Sengled Model number, but obviously different.

1160-80CC-00000026 is E21-N1EA
1160-03EC-00000047 is E11-N1EA

• model: E21-N1EA
1 Like

That's the exact Sengled color bulb I have, and they work fine w/the advanced RGBW driver.

1 Like

Same with mine. Looks like @the-leafs' bulbs are a newer model.

Yup. Mine is:

• firmwareMT: 1160-03EC-00000047

So E11-N1EA.

E11-N1EA Zigbee ZHA 1.2
E21-N1EA Zigbee 3.0
Normally there is no functional difference between these two profiles, but as you can see not all bulbs will work correctly with the advanced drivers.

Many Zigbee 3.0 bulbs were tested with the advanced drivers, so it's not a Zigbee 3.0 specific issue.

There is a firmware update for the E11 (47), but nothing for the E21, likely the E11 issues fixed are already included in the current E21 firmware, one can hope anyway...

4 Likes

@the-leafs

You might consider trying the "Generic Zigbee RGBW Light" driver. I found it worked well with another zigbee 3.0 RGBW bulb, described here:

Perhaps it will work with these newer Sengled bulbs as well?

the Sengled driver works very well at this time with my model of bulb. I was curious about the advanced driver yet it doesn't work with the E21-N1EA model, so will stay with the Sengled driver for now. I do not experience the "popcorning" at all but not sure about the group messaging as I haven't tried it.
This has been an enlightening discussion (pun fully intended).

3 Likes

some info on firmware for the Sengled bulbs, not sure if this is how we are doing firmware updates or not.