Sendmail - Send email and text notifications, (notification device) no local server needed

are they all 5 hours off. report it as a bug

1 Like

also add another sendmail device or modify the existing one temporarily and just send a message directly to yourself not as a gateway to a text and post it with the headers to see if it is spectrum mucking it up or your phone provider.

Yup, will post to the beta threads.

But the failed texts due to spam blocking is a separate issue, unless maybe stuff is getting sent w/tomorrow's date and that is setting things off at time warner.

OK, will do.

not exactly true.. a server can add headers with the date time.stamp on receipt.. but nothing is being added on our side i believe.

Email arrived, but both subject and contents are empty. No text whatsoever. Shows as coming from my correct Time Warner email address.

there is a date in the email header. and it looks like there are problems with it.. as shown above so it may be a bug.. not sure why it is affecting you only now though.. i will look into it.

def sndMsg =[
        		"MAIL FROM: ${From}"
        		, "RCPT TO: ${To}"
        		, "DATA"
        		, "From: ${From}"
        		, "To: ${To}"
        		, "Subject: ${emlSubject}"
        		, "Date: ${emlDateTime}"		
        		, ""
        		, "${emlBody}"
        		, ""
1 Like

Thanks very much. PM'd you my message header...wasn't sure if it had stuff I would not want public.

Log issue is already posted about, just hadn't seen it yet. Someone else posted:

I am seeing is that log entries in the Current Logs tab are shown in local time, and entries in the Past Logs tab are shown in UTC.

i will look at formating the date differently that could be causing the issue with your bad date.. it is not required. try removing the date line as shown above.. (not commenting out but removing and see if it fixes it temporarily

1 Like

ok new version 2.5.5 changed formatting of the date header.. but that is not your issue.. i imagine yours is the bad date in the system.. cannot tell for sure unless you put on logging and post me the text showing the date header being passed to your server.

new version is on git hub.. if it is that issue temporarily removing the date header which is not required may fix it.

i need the following lines from the log.. note how date now has a diff format

1 Like

Thanks...I'll update and send another email to myself and then post the log section.

Here it is...date looks fine.

did you ever get it working or still broken in 2.2.5?

No change - email or text arrives but it's empty - no subject or text.

Assuming it's not the date/time issue on HE 2.2.5 first beta release, I think I'm going to have to contact my ISP and tell them to stop blocking my emails.

I'll wait until the next build and if the issue persists then I'll look into contacting Spectrum/TWC.

Make sense, or do you see another path?

other than removing the date line and see if that fixes it or wait till the date fix in the next release I dont see any other solution.. according to the logs it is going out fine to the isp. the fact that it is screwed up as a mail as well as text mean it is the isp not verizon.

Yeah, removing the date line didn't help when I tried that yesterday. Does seem like it's Spectrum/TWC causing the issue as you say, not Verizon.

if there is some header that charter wants to add to get past their spam filter let me know i can add a custom header option. if you can even get someone that technical to answer.

1 Like

Hmm, I think HE 2.2.5 has broken Sendmail:

EDIT: NVM, I just upgraded to Sendmail v2.5.8 and all is well again.

ya as i mentioned in another thread it broke the queing .. hit.. set prefernces on device to reset..

i belive the dns issue is what was causing it.. i set the state variable inside a mutex, but it still is not setting it immediatrely and the next one in sees it as an old value. The initial connect was hanging.
try changing the mail server to an ip.

Once that runs quick enough it seems to take the state variable change quicker and work ok for the most part, but it should immediately change the state variable if inside a mutex see this thread

Latest 2.2.5 break lgk sendmail v2 - Support / Devices - Hubitat

1 Like