Send notification if garage door was closed after being open for longer than 10 minutes

I currently have notifications setup to tell me when one of my garage doors has been opened for longer than 10 minutes and that is working great. What I want to do now is if the garage door has been open for 10 minutes and then it is closed, I would like to be notified that it was in fact closed after being left open. I found an old topic regarding this here: Notification when garage door closes after it has been open for X minutes?
But I cannot get that setup now, maybe because its a few years old and rule machine looks a bit different? I'm not exactly sure but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Those exact actions should still be possible in the current version of Rule Machine. Where are you getting stuck?

That being said, in Rule 5.1 (on platform 2.3.1), you can also use the new "sticky triggers" feature to make this a bit easier:

Trigger: Garage door open and stays that way for 0:10:00

Actions to run:

Wait for event: Garage door closed
Send notification: "Garage door was closed!"
3 Likes

Ah, I was looking for "Notify" as an action but after reading your reply I realized I needed "Send/speak a message" instead. Just tried out your sticky trigger method and will report back if it works. Thanks!

@bertabcd1234 Just got a chance to test out that rule and it works perfectly! Thanks for your help!

2 Likes