Selling home with Hub

I’m in the process of selling my home and I have a bunch of zigbre and zwave smart switches and the buyers want to keep the Hubitat hub. Is there an easy way that I can remove my account info from the hub, but still leave it connected to all the devices? Or should I just reset the hub and let them set back up all the devices.

I would check with @support to see what they can do.

Have a look here :arrow_down:

6 Likes

Thanks! But I don’t know the new buyers contact info, I kinda want to just leave it here and have them set it up. I don’t want to be their IT support for the hub. So I just want to remove my info without adding theirs.

Maybe I just need to reset it then.

In other threads, there has been a suggestion to create a free account that is dedicated to the house. For instance, 177StateSt@gmail.com (just made that up from an old address). That would allow you to leave it in an operational state for hand-off. Obviously, leave them the password.

I wish that I would have noticed that new feature when it was announced. Ironically, I was too busy getting ready to move.

3 Likes

Best to contact @bobbyD using the support@hubitat.com email. He can assist with a Full Reset Procedure with will remove all traces of your information from the hub, as well as a full factory reset. This will require the new owners to pair all of the devices again, and to set up all of the automations.

If you go down this route, please first "REMOVE" each of the devices which should allow the devices to be re-paired to the hub in the future.

1 Like

Not needed. You can remove/exclude zwave device from new hub or any other hub prior to its pairing. Zigbee is just about pairing with new hub.

Well, of course it is not required…. But it is a nice thing to do, so that the new owner does not have to learn how to Exclude/Reset every device. I would assume the new owner knows nothing about home automation systems, and thus I’d try to make their first foray into the field as simple as possible. Having the devices in a state that is “ready to pair” certainly helps to achieve this goal.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the replies. I think what I’m going to do is create a dummy email address and give them the username and password and have that be the admin account.

Only thing. Is how do I change the name of the hub?

2 Likes

Go to:

Settings -> Localization -> Location Name

Enter the new name. Done! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Remove any devices you're taking with you (phones, tablets, Chromecast, Echo etc..).

Or maybe rename them and change the driver to something virtual?
Might keep any rules from breaking?

1 Like

get a new email address for the house and transfer it to that. Leave the new owner with the new email address and PW to the email and the Hubitat login.
Right now my Hubitat is the only “appliance” that doesn’t have FLHouse1608@gmail.com. ( made up address ) but it signifies one property from another without giving out a complete address.
These email addresses stay with the property insofar as all appliance registrations and anything else that’s 100% specific to that property uses that email address. New owners get it along with a usb drive and a folder with all the manuals and paint chips labeled with the place used.

6 Likes

That’s a brilliant idea and something I’m going to do in my next house!

1 Like