Seeking recommendation for zigbee dry contact relay

Having recently moved, the GDO is plaguing me. Long lost was the dry contact relay I used at the time. I see the Zen 16 oft recommended but I don't have Zwave.

Looking for a low cost recommend that is supported with currently available drivers of a Zen 16 like device. Tuya? Sonoff? I intend to sacrifice a remote for the cause.

There us a Tuya GDO device and I think it comes with the contact sensor as a full kit. There is a custom driver going for it as well: Tuya Zigbee Garage Door Opener - #5 by kkossev

2 Likes

This works very well with Hubitat:

MHCOZY 1 Channel 5V 12V ZigBee Smart Relay Switch,Adjustable Selflock and Momentary Working Mode,Works with Tuya eWelink Zigbee Gateway Amazon.com

It uses the built-in Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch driver.

1 Like

This Aqara Dual Relay Module T2 (DCM-K01) looks like an interesting option.
@dandanache has a driver on HPM for it I believe.

Aqara Dual Relay Module T2 (DCM-K01)

2 Likes

If you dont mind a wifi one this Sonoff can be flashed with Tasmota and works very well using the Tasmota drivers for Hubitat.

Their inching switches can be flashed with Tasmota as well and work as a dry contact.

The early rev one 5v inching switch can be flashed as well.

You didn’t mention the brand of your GDO but I am super happy with my RATGDO connected to my Liftmaster. I used to use a Zen17 but switched because of additional capabilities of the RATGDO such as locking the opener where the remotes are disabled and complete control of the light.

1 Like

I’ll second RATGDO. Have also been using it for a while now and it has been great!

1 Like

thanks @ranchitat - I'm still working on on getting my HADB up - haven't had any time.

Thank you @net.sheriff I"m staying away from flashing stuff - and Wifi is dedicated to home data network and VOip, Looking for zigbee.

Appreciate it all the good strong ideas fellow HE users. I've decided to go down the RATGDO path - I want to stay away from to customized, zwave, wifi, etc.
**Edit - shoot Ratgdo is wifi... I jumped the gun.
In my last implementation (2? 3 yrs ago?) I wrote my app - gonna try and do it in HE Rules.
I am not a fan of tilt sensors - so I'll use 2 sensors, one at open, one at closed. That lets me know if the door is in transit or 1/2 way up/down.
I do want to control the lights - i'll need to review my GDO model carefully and see if they are separated - I believe they are. I remember having an zigbee outlet in my previous implementation but can't recall why or how. maybe it was a kill switch.
Wish me luck and thanks!

This is a ZigBee 3.0 device and works great (so it seems :grinning:) directly with Hubitat.
From what I've seen mentioned on the forum, historically it's been the battery powered Aqara devices that have mostly been stable mesh challenging.

I don't have a use for a Garage Door Opener device but in the brief reading I've done on the T2 it appears to be very similar to the Zen16 with two sets of inputs and outputs.

1 Like

The MHCOZY 4 channels 12V works well too with the same driver

1 Like

Found an interesting review/article by smarthomescene.

This caught my eye (not that a GDO integration would need more than DC):

Americans will be pleased to know this device is UL rated for standard 60730-1, which means it can be safely installed in your home and covered by insurance.

1 Like

I actually love this device for what it does for the price and the reliability in some difficult environments.

But OP should be forewarned that these MHCOZY devices have evolved, the 1 & 2 ch ones sold in cases are of a different generation than the "bare cards" first sold, and the built in driver does not always work correctly as it use to with these...thus the benefit of the above mentioned Community Driver.

Aqara T2 is indeed a very versatile device. I could not find a use for it as it is too big to install inside EU switch boxes.

You can connect the two switch contacts to wired mechanical/reed contacts so that you know when the GD is opened/transitioning/closed, therefore you don't need additional tilt/contact sensors. Although I don't have a garage, it would be interesting to write a dedicated driver that will "transform" this device in a full-featured GDO. The only drawback is that, in order to use the "decoupled" switch mode, it needs to be powered by mains/AC (according to their documentation, I haven't tried this).

2 Likes

For most cases the [RELEASE] Zooz Garage Door Opener app works great using any (not just Zooz) switches(relays) and contacts.
The GDO that is mounted on the door/wall/ceiling supplies the control and safety functions (open, close, reverse, stop, etc...) and just needs to be activated/interfaced with by the Hubitat hub.