Security problem

I enter my home either through the front door or through the garage door that leads to the laundry room where the security system keypad (IRIS V3) is located. Using the keypad I can arm and disarm my security system. The problem is most of my security system is made up of motion sensors. When I enter through the garage door into the laundry room I do not trip any motion sensors and I can disarm the alarm. However if I enter through the front door as I walk to the laundry room to disarm the security system I trip as many as six motion sensors and the alarm is instantly triggered despite the front door contact sensor initiating a delay.

I migrated from IRIS and when I entered through a door with a contact sensor the motion sensors were automatically disarmed until either the security system was shut off at the keypad or the entry delay expired and the motion sensors were armed again.

I want the motion sensors to immediately trigger an alarm except when initial entry is made through doors with contact sensors which are specified in HSM. What do I have to do to enter through my front door without triggering the alarm?

When I enter using my front door I trip multiple motion sensor and I don't have this issue, HSM after it detects a door entry (I suppose your door has a contact sensor and it's has entry delay) it will delay the motions with the door.

Now, we have a new app that it's a extension for HSM and it has some features to delay motions if they are triggered before the door entry delay is triggered.

Good luck.

In the configure Arming/Disarming/Cancel options set the Contacts that may be delayed for each arm state. Away sample follows.

These contacts should be defined in the Intrusion Away section

Motion sensor delay, waiting a 1 or 2 seconds for a contact to open, is available in SmartThings SHM Delay app, but does not seem to be an issue in HE, and it is not currently available in the HE Nyckelharpa app. Should there be a need for this option, it could easily be implemented.

Thanks, I thought it was added again in one of the final betas, but I never had to use it so I got confused.

This is how HSM works already. Once entry is made through one of the selected doors, a timer is started. Any subsequent alerts during that time do not trigger an alert.

That makes sense but as soon as I walk through the front door (contact sensor listed to initiate delay) the motion sensors in the room trigger the alarm so maybe I have something set up wrong. I read through the documentation and I can not see where I might have made a mistake in setting things up.

I just tested it, and it works as expected.

I don't know if it makes a difference but my motion sensors are grouped in Zone Motion Controller so it requires two to trigger an alarm. I listed the zones instead of individual motion sensors in HSM.