I'm a bit of a stickler for network security and enjoy coming up with novel approaches to having a functional and secured LAN.
I've listed a few thoughts below on creating a secure environment and am looking for input and feedback from others on methods to secure a home network.
- Segment IoT network to its own subnet
- Create rules that block traffic from the IoT subnet to any other nets, only allowing hubitat(src)->device(dst)
- Enable a MAC Address whitelist for all devices on the network, denying access from any other devices.
- Chromecasting or similar? Google is your friend
- Don't trust your smart TV wireless drivers? Consider buying a WiFi bridge with an Ethernet port to act as a network adapter.
- Don't trust your smart TV ... at all? Consider buying a Roku / Apple TV / Android TV box that gets frequent updates.
Open to more!