Schlage Zwave connect not working after update

I haven't tried new batteries. They are the ones that shipped with the unit. Reporting 95% in both hubitat and smartthings.

I paired it with smartthings and it works flawlessly

The repeater I have was already in the closest physical outlet to the lock.

are you using a C5 or a C7 hub?
for the C7 I believe there was a Zwave firmware update awhile back
If you go to settings, then Zwave details, then select firmware update.

Mine is on a C5 hub

its a C7. I had tried a few days ago when this started to update the zwave firmware. It says I am already running current version.

Checked again just now and it still says I'm current.

maybe a different router device next to the lock.
to test if range is the issue first.
If you can put the lock next to the hub and then pair it fresh (after excluding from Smartthings) and see if you still have the same issue while the lock is next to the Hubitat hub.

You are on today's latest hub firmware update 2.2.4.158 correct?

I don't have any other repeaters to try unfortunately.

I can try to get the hub closer. Not sure I will have much luck. Its only about 15 feet from the hub currently with no walls in between. The smartthings hub is only a few feet further away. 20' maybe.

yes I'm on .158

give it one more try and do a full reset (maybe a couple of times) like I posted earlier before pairing to hubitat again.

If that doesn't work try email hubitat support support@hubitat.com

Alrighty.

thanks for your help!

Also on the lock device settings page have you tried to hit configure, refresh and save preferences?
Does it still do the same thing?

all my preferences are off (enable lock code, enable debug, enable description)

also like I mentioned the zwave locks are a bit slow to respond after you first select lock or unlock do you give it 30 seconds to see if it responds before hitting a second command?
usually it is only a second or two but sometimes mine take up to 8-10 seconds (when a rule fires)

I didn't try that. Try those in order? I do have the logs and debug turned on I think.

Before I updated the lock was responsive and fired within 2-3 seconds everytime. Its seriously instant with smartthings.

I will try to give it 30 seconds and report back.

refresh should not matter but try it after you select a command that does not appear to fire.

ITS WORKING!

for now.

Dont look at it

Don't think about it.

Don't speak its name

Same thing ,needed two commands to fire.

Turned of logging/debug. Then sent one command, when it failed, hit config, refresh, save and now it works on one command.

I was curious what those buttons did. Anywhere I can read how the refresh/config buttons work?

Edit: Works on device page, but automations dont work

edit 2: trying any automation makes it not work on device page either.

Refresh/config less reliable operation now. Works 50% of time.

:frowning:

Well I would say the automation is the trouble now.
I would guess that selecting configure sets it and makes it work from the device page again.
what is your automation?
refresh just looks at what the lock state is
configure sets default settings

Hubitat documentation

So I rolled back to .148 and it works fine now.

So I again updated my hub to the latest update and the zwave lock is non compliant again. I emailed Hubitat support and the only response I got is that they have told their engineering team and to check the forums for possible fixes.

Is there a way to repeat requests for a device in RM or webcore? The lock works just fine as long as you send two requests. A single request does nothing. So if I could set up rules that sent two back to back requests to lock or unlock it would be a bandaid until its fixed again.

Might want to take a look at the Reliable Lock app....

1 Like

Hey thanks for the tip. I will check that out!

Hi Cropgun!
I have the exact same issue with a Schlage BE469: Every command needs to be sent twice.
About automation: If you create rules with RM you can easily repeat the same command as often as needed. Works in my case.

Hey!

So I implemented reliable locks as suggested and the situation has drastically improved. Once in a while it will get hung up and take 30 seconds or so to follow a lock or unlock command but typically its near instant and I haven't had to fiddle with it since.

Just my opinion but I think it's really weird that it's pretty much agreed all around that the schlage ZP lock consistently requires two commands to fire and there isn't any acknowledgment from hubitat or schlage that I can find. Reliable locks is a great app but it's just a bandaid solution for what I consider an unforgivable bug (I sent the new ZP model back and got the zigbee instead).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.