Schlage z wave lock

May/may not work, but here is a post from my previous experience If you completely lose your Zwave radio on your C5 hub

I promise you that we all feel your pain on this. All of us had multiple repeaters, and locks that worked flawlessly on other hubs like Wink before migrating to Hubitat. It caused us a lot of frustration and the only thing that has so far worked semi-reliably was adding a bunch of Aeotec Repeaters. Try to have a minimum of 2 - with one of them as close as possible to your hub, and the other as close as possible to your lock.

Prior to adding repeaters, I had about 15 z-wave plus devices in my small home. All capable of beaming. One of them was 3 feet from my lock. Yet I had super flaky behavior until I got the repeaters. You have a lot of empathy in this thread, I assure you. :slight_smile:

However, now that the HE team has acknowledged there is indeed an issue, a lot of us are very hopeful that we will see a big performance boost with the next major code update (2.1.1) when the Schlage specific driver is released. The HE staff has been pretty great at fixing things and being responsive, they just have a long list of things they are trying to work on and they are still a small and growing company. I am willing to be patient with them as the Aeotec repeaters make my locks work 95% of the time, and I am confident that the HE team will take care of us as soon as they can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya know. I have to check and make sure my Aeotec is still plugged in. My wife was out in that room and I wonder if just if she may have unplugged it. Again I will try the following.

1. Make sure Repeater is still plugged in
  2. Shut down hub
  3. Unplug for 30 seconds
  4. Restart hub.
3 Likes

Okay I shut down the hub for a little over thirty seconds, disconnected the battery at the Lock, restarted The hub, reconnected the batteries at the Lock, logged in did a get codes and it got all the codes. the one code that I have been trying to delete is now gone. I am now able to lock and unlock the lock from the device and dashboard. Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the input and figuring out how to get this thing back. As of right now the lock is working properly.

2 Likes

Well I spoke to soon. It not working again

I would think if your lock is that close with an extender you "should" be fine, but with my 3 locks things didn't completely iron out until extender #4 with the problems improving after each one added......Are you using the Reliable Locks app......it may help, as it polls the lock routinely.? FYI also if you just recently added that extender it may take a day or so for your mesh to completely settle down.

[Release] Reliable Locks

1 Like

I have installed the reliable locks app. We will see how that goes

So how did that go? Experiencing some of the same issues...

Everything has been working great.

1 Like