Schlage Z-Wave lock and RM

trying again to get lock codes generated by weekly through RM. Been trying off and on for a year but have not been successful. Situation is that I have housecleaning come every other Tuesday and I would prefer to not have a code enabled all the time for them. Through other threads, I have done this:

As a test and I continue to get this error. I am not a programmer but it looks like the syntax I am using is incorrect.

dev:1932022-12-26 08:44:50.839 AMinfoFront Door Lock battery is 61%

dev:1932022-12-26 08:44:50.272 AMinfoFront Door Lock is locked [digital]

dev:1932022-12-26 08:44:40.929 AMerrorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: schlageBE468andBE469.setCode() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [8, '1234', 'test']
Possible solutions: setCode(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), getCodes(), setCode(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), hashCode(), secure(hubitat.zwave.Command), deleteCode(java.lang.Object) on line 6162 (method setCode)

ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

I think I see the issue and I suspect it has something to do with the way the parameters are set in the rule. If you look at the punctuation around each of the parameters the 8 has a single quote at the beginning, none after. The 1234 has single quotes on both sides. The test has a single quote at the beginning and a double quote at the end. If you could post the details of the action that might be helpful. Or it may be obvious once you open the rule.

Should look more like

2 Likes

thank for the reply, here is what I have in the parameters:

I think instead of sending a single string parameter you need to send three separate parameters... in my case (different lock, not sure it matters) the first is numeric and the second two are string.

1 Like

Not sure I understand how to do that. I would think the setCode command needs to have the position, code, and name in that parameter but will continue to look around.

@mychalwipf

@brad5 is 100% on the money. From the Hubitat documentation:

2 Likes

Set the first parameter as type number:

After that parameter is entered simply click on "add another parameter" and make the next one string. Repeat for the last parameter.

3 Likes

PFFFT.... CRAP... I always forget to click outside somewhere to get the additional parameter dialog to show up... trying now... will report back in a second... I think y'all have it...

2 Likes

OMG, 1 year I have been messing around with this....

thanks all!

2 Likes

Holy crap dude.. I love you.

Now i just need to figure out how to make this work every 3rd Tuesday of the month.

I gave up on it... it was entirely inconsistent. Some times it would work, sometimes not. I think it is a lock issue but I am not going to just throw away 200 bucks because I can't do what I want it to. In addition, sometimes Lockmanager delayed activation doesn't work either. For example, I say to "enable code and disable code on day XXX, and then that morning the entire code has been removed from lock manager. I now enable manually each week they are there.

What firmware is your lock?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.