Schlage FE599 wont pair

FYI that my FE599 was behaving exactly as described here - I got it to pair and it was functional but for whatever reason it began to be randomly unresponsive to commands and consistently failed to provide any status updates or events to the hub sometime later. Repeated exclude and re-pair did nothing. Thankfully I found this thread! Switching briefly to the partially-ported ST driver and simply doing a configure() fixed everything.

I bought my FE599 at Lowes so I assume it's a pretty main-stream product so hopefully this is a priority to research and fix in the generic driver? What kind of help do the devs need from the community? Can I help to debug?

Some one in the community, and I apologize that I'm unable to keep track of whom, is sending me his example of this lock, once in hand I'll be able to see why are current driver isnt working correctly.

2 Likes

After digging out the laptop, I was able get the lock up and running. Lock code manager works as well as Sharp Tools.

I have a Kwikset dead bolt 910/912 next. Should I anticipate the same hoops to jump thru as the FE599?

Thanks again for everyone's help.

No, different hoops. Equally frustrating.

1 Like

Randy.
I'm trying to help a friend pair a scholar lock to his hubitat...but were over the phone and using face time so it gets a little frustrating1
Can you confirm if you enter the programming code then press schlag?
He is telling me that he can't enter a code unless he presses schlag 1st - then enters the code. He is also telling me that if he enters schlag, then the code, if he hits schlag again - he can't enter a 0

these are finicky enough without trying to troubleshoot vis FaceTime!

thanks
Mac

It's been so long I don't remember but here is what it says in the instructions I saved:

1. Bridge must be put into enrollment mode before lock for successful enrollment/exclusion.
2 Likes

appreciate it will try thanks

I still haven't been able to get my Schlage FE599NX to pair despite multiple attempts and a factor reset. I brought my hub as close as I could get it - about 10 ft away, but still no luck. I can't get it any closer since there are no ethernet ports nearby. Am I out of luck? Is there no other way to get this done? This was even harder than it was for Wink, which paired a lot more easily with this device despite Hubitat pairing more easily for almost everything else.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but I'm just now beginning to transition from ST. I've tried everything listed above and no luck. I'm currently trying on the C7. Following a factory reset and being the 1st Zwave device I'm pairing it says it Found Z-Wave Device with id 06 and just sits there initializing and never pairs. Has anyone found any other tricks to use this lock?

1 Like

I had one of these locks, which paired on ST after many tries. When I moved to Hubitat, I spend hours trying to get it to pair without success. I had the same symptom as you - sits there and never finishes the handshake. I ended up with a ghost device in the Z-Wave mesh, which I removed with the Z-stick I bought. Replaced the lock with the Kwikset equivalent, which is Z-Wave Plus. No problems with that lock.
It's probably worth waiting for the new platform update (which rumor has it includes Z-Wave improvements) before giving up on the Schlage.

2 Likes

I don’t have the FE599, instead had two BE469NX on my C-5 (now all retired) and now two BE469ZP on my C-7 with 2.2.3.148. However, that said, I could not get the locks to pair unless adjacent the Hubitat hub, and I couldn’t get them to operate reliably until I got beaming Z-Wave Plus repeaters near the hub and near the locks. I now use Ring Extender 2 repeaters because they have internal battery backup and report power fail events when paired S2, but, before that, I used Aeotec Range Extender 7 devices, and they worked fine, too (but no battery backup).

I agree about waiting for 2.2.4, which has been in beta a few days so, hopefully, will be out in a week or so.

1 Like

Thanks to both for your input.

Did someone ever send you one, and were you able to figure anything out? I have two of these, they both flash a green light like they paired, and then they show up on the devices found, but they get stuck in initializing. I’ve excluded them, rebooted the hub, factory reset the lock, and literally have the lock on top of the hub, and it’s been this way on every attempt with both locks.

I’ll send both of them to you if your willing to work on this some more. This and my BE469 are my last devices to migrate from ST. I have some ghost devices and failed nodes I want to fix before I try and pair in the BE469.

no, we don't have an FE599

I'm willing to send you one if it will help getting these to work on a C7. Please advise.

1 Like

I also have a FE599 that I can send. Just let me know if you want it.

1 Like

Just switching over to HE, from Vera, and cant get anything to work, the more important devices are the locks, and I do have a FE599, that says initializing, and it will never show under devices, already lost hours on 1 lock, I can pair it in the Vera Hub in 30 seconds. Any ideas ? Thanks

Welcome to the Hubitat forums!

Do you mean you have other devices that aren't pairing too? And they are Zwave?

What have you tried so far? Typically you should do the following:

• Factory reset the locks. Disconnect the batteries then on the lock keypad press and release the Schlage button. Reconnect the batteries and wait until the Schlage button is no longer lit. Within ten seconds, press and hold the Schlage button until it lights green and the lock beeps.
  • Move the lock close to Hub, OR Hub close to lock.
  • In Hubitat, do a Zwave exclude, and on the lock enter the 6-digit Programming Code then Press the Schlage button. Verify that Hubitat says "Unknown Device Excluded"
  • Then you can try the inclusion. using the programming code like above.

If that doesn't work, or if you are having more Zwave issues, we probably should explore some other options.

1 Like

yep, did all that several times, removed the lock from the door, did it again 1 inch from hub, same results, initialing,m and nothing happens.

Did it ever show "Unknown Device Excluded" when doing the exclusion step?