Schlage BE469NX pairs OK, I can see logs and events but LOCK / UNLOCK doesn't work

Schlage BE469NX pairs OK, I can see logs and events but LOCK / UNLOCK doesn't work
Lock is 2 ft form hub.

Controller Type ZWV
Data * deviceId: 20548
  • deviceType: 25409
  • inClusters: 0x22,0x72,0x7A,0x98,0x86
  • manufacturer: 59
  • S2: 128
  • secureInClusters: 0x5D,0x85,0x20,0x80,0x70,0x62,0x71,0x63
  • zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true|

Forgot to add this is on C7 hub

Firmware 5.8
Can I use different encryption method ?
I went through old post. My lock pairs fine, receives all events, from the lock, just doesn't want to lock /unlock or edit users codes. My life has been revolving for last 2 days around this POS.

1 Like

What device driver are you using with it? Many of the locks work best with the Generic ZWave Lock driver.

1 Like

Lock offer only one pairing method and there is not no pop or selection I can choose when doing Z-wave inclusion on the hub

1 Like

Schlage BE468/BE469 Lock

I will try to repair it with Generic Z-wave and report back

1 Like

Just need to go into the device page and change the driver, no need to re-pair the device.

Thank you for your quick replays.
I did change to generic, clicked save and configure, refreshed and still nothing
At this point I throw in it the towel and buy a different one.
With 3 kids and 2 dogs my resources have been depleted.
with appropriate respect to Schlage products

FWIW, the device details posted above indicate that this device is using S0.

1 Like

Wow this is a really old lock. I bought a lock in June 2014 that had v6.6 and another in Dec 2016 that had 7.1. This means that lock is over 10 years old. Zwave has changed a ton in 10 years and my v6.6 lock was very challenging on my 2018 HE C3 hub so I dumped it and bought the Schlage Zigbee version and I haven't looked back. Replaced my v7.1 too with a Zigbee lock.

3 Likes

Yup - that firmware version is ancient. I had Schlage locks purchased in 2014 that had newer firmware.

I bought these locks ( have 2 of them) in 2014. Never connected them to anything. Just used them as keyless touchpads. Only this years I decided to connect them to a Hub and started making my home smart. Jesus what adventure that was, started dabbling in nest to homebridege to HomeKit , scrypted for IP cameras and Hubitat for Locks. Instead go happily watching Netflix and drinking beer I went deep into rabbit hole of intersystem connectivity issues.

1 Like

My 2017 locks are on 7.1, so 5.8 is ancient.

That said, these locks should pair and work, although maybe they won't be the most reliable thing in your network.

I don't see that you have posted your Z-wave details page yet. Could you please take a screenshot of that whole thing, all columns and rows.

Can you do a check this to see if your Z-wave radio firmware is up to date? Paste the following address in a browser window, and cut/paste the results of that message.

http://myhub/hub/zwaveVersion (you need replace myhub with your hubs actual IP address)

2 Likes

This used to help some of the older locks:

VersionReport(zWaveLibraryType:7, zWaveProtocolVersion:7, zWaveProtocolSubVersion:14, firmware0Version:7, firmware0SubVersion:14, hardwareVersion:1, firmwareTargets:1, targetVersions:[[target:1, version:7, subVersion:15]])

I did latest upgrade of the software, should be up to date

Tried this, surprised that Hubitat has this vibrant community, unfortunately still no go.
Wrapped my schlage lock and no change,
thank you for suggestion though

Yeah, the thing is, that’s a 300-series zwave lock. For whatever reason, 100 and 300 series locks don’t work well (if at all) with 700 and 800 series controllers.

Now, one option is to find a used 500-series Schlage lock that’s sold for parts on eBay, and grab the board from that lock to replace the 300-series board in yours. @672southmain has done this for a few older Schlage locks. And I believe is very satisfied with the outcome of the conversion.

2 Likes

Your Z-Wave firmware on the hub is not up to date. That is separate from your platform version (e.g., 2.3.8.132 is the current hub platform version).

This is current Z-Wave:
VersionReport(zWaveLibraryType:7, zWaveProtocolVersion:7, zWaveProtocolSubVersion:18, firmware0Version:7, firmware0SubVersion:18, hardwareVersion:1, firmwareTargets:1, targetVersions:[[target:1, version:7, subVersion:18]])

1 Like

Yep. I converted my 2 BE469NX locks to BE469ZP by swapping out the electronics modules. The used locks are often found on eBay as “for parts”, usually because the keypad (which is the same as on the BE469NX locks) is broken. I seem to recall that I paid about $30 to $40 USD for each. As long as you get fairly recent lock firmware (mine are 0.11.0 and 0.10.9), they work fine. Make sure you get the door mounting plate (or a photo of the door mounting plate) which has the DSK on the side next to the door. All the BE469ZP electronics modules are the same (except for the firmware versions), regardless of lock style. In fact, the module is exchangeable with the Zigbee version, but I’ve rarely seen those on eBay.

I made that change years back when the C-7 was introduced so that I could migrate from my C-5 (with S0 pairing) to S2 on the C-7. The reason I did it was to get longer battery life because of the 1/3 fewer packets with S2. I was getting about 3 months battery life with the C-5, now get about a year. The 2 BE469ZP locks worked fine on the C-7 and now work fine on my C-8, using the standard built-in driver.

3 Likes

You need to follow this procedure:

1 Like