Schlage be469nx not reporting physical events?

I just moved one of my be469nx from my ST hub to Hubitat. The lock seems to reliably reply to refresh/lock/unlock commands from the hub but reports of physical lock/unlock actions only work VERY sporadically, like one every 20+ tries and only with tens of minutes of space between them.

I have the range extenders mentioned in Schlage BE469NX connectivity issues / unreliable on order and will see if hat helps.

Somewhat related I'm wondering if anyone has given the BE469ZP model of these locks a try as they support ZWave Plus. Maybe that would help with reliability?

Same behavior as mine. With 4 repeaters mine work a lot better but still fall off every now and then and stop reporting until I reset the batteries (unplug and replug them).

That said, there is hope as Hubitat lead devs are working on a driver upgrade that will be released with version 2.1 of the Hubitat software in a few weeks. I am optimistic this will help us with these locks.

Great! I'm going to order a BE469ZP to give it a try, home depot has them, ships for free and has low hassle returns. I'll update when I get it and try it out next week.

2 Likes

Unless you have a door that is really tough to lock, I would highly recommend this Yale lock. I've paired it and excluded it many times for tests. It's never a problem. Joins easy, responds well and has never failed me. Original batteries since November last year (currently at 79%). Some have the Zigbee version and say it works well too.

None of the Schlage hassles with pairing or staying connected. No restrictions like not being able to read the codes from the lock. Just works. Has the full family approval too. I'm also in Toronto, so it's been through very cold temperatures and never missed a beat.

Does that Yale have the ability to use a physical key as well? That is a hard requirement for my use, ideally it would also use a schlage keyway so I don't have to re-key a bunch of other physical locks that share the same key.

Oops, no. Not a requirement for my house. Sorry, didn’t catch that before.

Thanks for clarifying. Sadly there are a bunch of nice looking locks out there that I can't use because of the need for a physical key fallback.

Adding the range extenders fixed the problem. Events show up though they are somewhat slow to appear (a few seconds where most devices seem to report instantly).

I got the BE469ZP lock yesterday. It took a few tries to get it paired but once paired it has been VERY reliable. I haven't missed a single event on it. I'll try removing the repeaters this weekend and see if it still works well. Also events appear at the hub instantly where as with my BE469NX locks there is a delay of a few seconds.

1 Like

There is also supposed to be a new native driver for these with the next release, so that should help as well.

1 Like