Locks are one of the more difficult devices to add to the mesh. The process of checking lock status, unlocking the lock, once again checking lock status, relocking the lock and once again checking lock status requires a lot of communication between the lock and the hub. This requires excellent data connections. A beaming repeater in close proximity to the lock helps facilitate those connections by continuing to send signals until they are confirmed.
In order to accomplish the pairing, I had to uninstall my lock from the door, and locate it within a few feet of the hub. Only then was it properly recognized. However, once reinstalled in the door, the connection was too weak to work properly without a beaming repeater.
Even with the repeater, I have never gotten my lock to connect at higher than 40 kbps. Most of my Z-wave devices connect at 100 kbps.
Try pairing with the hub close to the lock, then do a node repair on the lock after you move the hub back into its normal position. I put a long ethernet cable on my hub when I do that. Or, if you aren't able to move the hub for some reason, you could remove the door from its hinges (knock out the hinge pins) and take the door to the hub. However, you say that the problem lock is within 2 ft. of the hub, so it's hard to see how that could be the issue.
The lock goes into a low power mode ("whisper mode") during pairing key exchange so as to minimize the opportunity for snooping during that key exchange.
I have never heard of the BE469WK version. However, from the firmware version you have ("MAIN_7.1") and what looks like a 2016 date, it's probably Z-Wave non-Plus. But that shouldn't be a problem. I had two BE469NX locks with MAIN_7.1 firmware, and they worked fine. I did, however, change the electronics out to BE469ZP when I got my C-7 so that I could use S2 security. But the S0 on my older C-5 worked fine with MAIN_7.1 firmware.
I think the WK was a Wink hub version. Didn't they sell this as a package (hub+lock) at one point? My memory of Wink is getting fuzzy...
LOL. That is pretty extreme. "Where are you going with the front door honey?" "Don't worry dear, I am only pairing the lock to the hub!". Sounds like a plot out of I Love Lucy or something.
I moved the lock itself when I had to do this recently. It only is held on by 3 screws. That was the easiest way after the dog ate my good 100 foot ethernet cable.
Funny thing was that when I initially joined these, I joined in place with a worse mesh than what I have now (fewer devices), and the hub was 25 foot or more away from the locks. When I did the them again when migrating hubs, I had to have one lock in the same room as the hub, another near the hub (a foot or so away), and a third lock wouldn't pair unless it was literally laying on the hub. Not inches away, not close, but laying on the case of the hub.
Ok. I see above that you unpaired your lock before trying the pairing process. I admit that I am baffled. There’s only two other things that I can suggest. Put in a new set of batteries, then do a factory reset on the lock. Then, with the hub and lock near each other, put the hub into inclusion mode and put the lock into inclusion mode.
If that doesn’t work, you seem to have done everything possible.