Scenes on Dashboard - What to use with Room Lighting

I'm trying to get friendly with Room Lighting. I used Groups and Scenes quite a bit. I have a dashboard set up with Scene buttons that I could use to turn various scenes on and off. The groups and scenes were imported into Room Lights and seem to be working as intended re: motion and transitions at mode changes, etc.

What's the best way to replace this with Room Lighting? I tried using a switch with a Room Lights activator on the dashboard, but this doesn't appear to do anything.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this. I keep looking at all of the documentation and the various previous posts, but this is a function that I can't seem to replicate.

1 Like

One must assume you took the intermediate steps of including your new RL scenes/activators with the Dashboard app, thus allowing you to + Add Tile(s) as shown, so that each new tile corresponds with an actual Device with a Template of type Scene.

I've done this in testing and found it always to work, so I'm kinda stuck thinking of reasons your setup may not be responding as expected.

Ahhhh... The only thing I didn't do was use the Scene template. DUH I used the switch template, and that did not work.

Thanks! I'll get there eventually.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.