Scene control through buttons not functioning as expected

I'm trying to reinstall some button functions on an Inovelli Red Series Dimmer since I had to remove and re-add it to my hub.

I'm trying to set scenes through the multi tap buttons available on the device, but things are not functioning as expected.
Whether I set the button up through the "Button Controller app" or "Rule Machine", I get the same results.

Here is what is happening:
I have a scene set up for the bulbs, dimmer, and switch in the room.
I set a button to that scene through "Adjust Shades/ Blinds or Fans" > "Activate Scenes"
I install

then when I test the button, only some of the lights will turn on and set to the scene.
If I have the lights on already but set to a different scene, the scene will change as expected.
If I activate the scene from the Hubitat App itself, the scene turns on and functions as expected.
It's only through the button that the scene doesn't turn all of the lights on from an off position.

I was able to correct this issue in one button rule by adding an "on 100%" in the actions list for that button after the scene activation for that unresponsive bulb. Which fixes the issue on that scene. But it's a work around and the other scenes are more complicated. I'd have to go into multiple bulbs and set their color and level for each button, which is a lot more work than just pointing the button to a scene and pointing the button to a scene should work.

Any ideas what can be happening here?

what bulbs do you have? do all bulbs respond correctly from their device page
when you turn on/off? Also there are settings within the groups & scenes app, like this. You can try editing the options below

1 Like

Thank you,

I will test each bulb from their device pages and check the setting you pointed to.

I had all of this set up and working perfectly until I had to remove and re-add the switch.
The only think I can think that has changed is that I had removed the light that the switch itself is hard wired to and controls from each scene when I removed it from Hubitat to avoid breaking any scenes. Then once the dimmer switch was added back in, I added that light back to all of the scenes.

It seems like “groups and scenes” aren’t a thing anymore. Did “rooms” somehow replace groups and scenes? Is there a newer way to achieve what I’m doing instead of going through scenes? If so I can recreate the scene elsewhere and try to achieve my goal that way.

I have 4 Adjustable White/ color Sylvenia Zigbee bulbs, an Inovelli Z-Wave Red series dimmer for my overhead light and a Inovelli Z-Wave Red Series on/ off switch that directly controls an outlet. I use the Inovelli switches to trigger the scenes through the multi tap functions as "buttons" in Hubitat.

So, I've checked all of the devices directly from their device page and everything functions normal and as expected.
I've checked all of the scenes directly from their app pages and all of those fuction normally and as expected through each scene page.

The only problem comes when the lights are off and I try to trigger a scene through the multi tap function as assigned as a button within Hubitat.
Since everything else functions properly, I'm expecting some issue in triggering "groups and scenes" through the "buttons controllers" app or "buttons" within "Rule Manager" but I'm by far an expert. I've only been able to set up my Hubitat through the information and help I receive on this forum. Like I said, I had all of this set up and working for years until I tried to update the firmware on my Inovelli dimmers which ended up in me having to exclude one of them from my hub, do a factory reset and then re-Include it.

You maybe correct about groups & scenes being replaced. I'm on 2.3.4.110 and it's still there.

Further thoughts. Please post your z-wave details page, you may have a mesh issue when re-pairing the switch

Like This:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.