Scene Control Issues

I just setup a Zooz Zen32 for 18x zigbee bulbs and have mostly succeeded in the easy setup today.
I have the top paddle (button 5) controlling conditional on/off through tap. Double tap to 100, hold to fade down, release to stop.
Yay!
Buttons 1-3 are colors and only change the color, nothing else.
Button 4 I was hoping to have some sort of party mode, I attempted this through the random color and repeating, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to end the repeating.
A double tap on the button that should be sending the Exit Rule doesn't seem to do it, any of the other buttons simply change state and then get overun by the repeating random color that remains unstopped.

Ideally double pressing the party mode button will deactivate, but I am fine adding some stop command into the other three color modes if that is what I need to do.

There are likely multiple ways to do this. One would be to setup a virtual switch that turns on with a double-tap of button 4.

The repeat could be setup as a repeat while the virtual button is off. Following the repeat, a command to turn off the button could be added. Makes sense?

This is proving to be the most frustrating tech I have ever danced with.

For the life of me i am struggling to get ANYTHING to work as expected.
Room lighting seems to be pretty clunky for anything aside from porch lights on and off at sunset/sunrise.
Scenes and groups don't seem to consistently do what I expect them to do.

I think I am constantly approaching programming ideas from the wrong angle and find myself stumped at why one scene will turn all lights to a color, and another scene copy/pasted with a new color will only change three of the 18 bulbs (and not three in one group either)

Am I way out of line thinking that 18 zigbee bulbs in one chandelier can possibly work together as a polished product?

I don't care about a scene with fun lights changing color until I can actually make 4 static scenes play together with some simple (??) automations.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. In previous platform version, I have found that light bulbs would sometimes popcorn when changing state (go one after the other instead of all at once). Because of this, I had setup my bulbs in Phillips Hue which I integrated with Hubitat. It has worked great for me.

Can you share the types of bulbs that you are attempting to use? Other users may be able to assist or provide you with some hints or assistance with that information.

I have 18 Sengled Element Color Plus bulbs. I truly don't mind the "popcorn" effect as in this particular chandelier it provides a nice effect as long as all the bulbs do what they are supposed to!

Since Sengled do not repeat, I wonder if the issue might be with the signal not being able to reach all bulbs, maybe due to too many being sent at once…?

There is an “All Off” app - I wonder if it could be converted in an “All On” app and work in this case?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.