Scene changed by itself?

Has anyone found a solution to this? I found a Scene today where 2 of the 3 bulbs in the scene that were originally set to on/off respectively were swapped. This scene has been working for well over a year

Both are GE ZWave (non plus) dimmers running LED lights, not color bulbs
The one that is ZWave Plus was not affected

I didn't think it affected scenes, at least nobody mentioned that above. I thought it was only Simple Automations that had the bug?

My Simple Automations changed and I had to fix a bunch of these rules. But it hasn't happened again with the latest round of updates, for me anyway. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has recently had this pop back up or if it was a one-time thing.

So did yours do this when you updated to the most recent firmware, or was it from the previous updates?

My rules haven't changed on their own since the first time. I've applied firmware updates when they were released.

I believe it started about 1-2 weeks ago, I usually apply patches the same day they are released

This thread was about a bug in Simple Automation Rule, since fixed. You are referring to "Scene". If that's what you mean, then this is an entirely different issue. ??

Yes, this is regarding scenes

There have been no other reports of anything like this. Are you saying that the captured state changed?

Yes Bruce

Not a clue. Did you create a Capture device? Could you have hit Capture inadvertently?

Sorry Bruce, thought I answered this post

Yes I have a capture device. no way I inadvertently hit capture, wasn't even in there, asked Alexa to turn on the scene and the wrong lights were turned on/off. That is when I went in and noticed they were not set as they should be

On the device page for the capture device, look at the Events. See if it was ever turned on, which would have captured the state of the devices at that moment.

I sure don't see it

Don't know what to say. No clue why your Scene behaved the way you describe.

Thanks Bruce for having a look

I'll keep an eye on it

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.