Samsung TV Remote driver not consistently turning on TVs

I am 3 weeks new to Hubitat. I found 2 drivers created by David Gutheinz for controlling a Samsung TV. None of my 5 Samsung televisions are any older than 2 months so the first driver I'm presuming is better suited although they each work on my televisions. The issue I'm experiencing is the "off button" not only shuts the televisions off, but also turns them on. The "on button" will seldom turn any of my televisions on. If I'm looking at the device where it reads "Current Status," even after pressing the ON button, it seldom shows that it ON was pressed... it will continue to read "OFF." Everything I've done thus far with Hubitat... when I click "ON" or run an action that turns a switch ON, it comes ON and likewise for OFF. This with my televisions not turning on with the ON button being clicked or Action turning them on, I don't understand. I tried to include links to the 2 drivers, got a notification saying I can't... and I don't know how to include/upload a screenshot.

Hi @allmail44905 , welcome to the community.

Questions about drivers developed by other Community members aew often best places on the topic relating to the release of the drivers, that way the developer gets notified and the discussion about the drivers is kept in one place.

Tagging the developer, @djgutheinz in this case, can also help to let them know you need their assistance.

To post screenshots (and I suspect links) you need to join the hub owners group. It's to stop automated bots from flooding the Community with images, I believe.

https://community.hubitat.com/g/owners

Once you join the group you can click / tap the image icon when making a poat and select an image to upload, or simply copy/paste an image, e g. From within a screen clipping tool

1 Like

Okay, thank you. I appreciate the help.

1 Like