Samsung TV integration Question -- Driver info starting post 127

Let me see what I can find.

Yes. The design can not lock out commands, The log should say not supported.

I will try to find something. Otherwise It would be an inconvenience for you. Just was curious if you have something.

1 Like

I checked in the logs and it did say exactly that. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the latest driver, still testing but working well!

Thx, I‘ll test it when I got more time

Major change coming. An External Server will NOT be required. New Beta out today.

Dave

2 Likes

Hubitat - Samsung TV Remote Beta
Updated Beta Driver to Version 1.1. Doesn't require external server.

Limitations:

• 2016 and later model Samsung TVs only.
  • Tested and verified on 2016, 2019, and 2020 model during limited testing.

Features:

• On function implemented via Wake On Lan (may not work on all TVs).
  • Ambient Mode for standard TVs.
  • Art Mode for Frame TVs.
  • Keys for Netflix and YouTube (researching other applications)
  • Embedded button implementation to allow access to Keys via Hubitat Dashboards.

Update. Replace Driver using the import feature on the Hubitat driver editor. If not path in import, use : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/Hubitat-Samsung-T/main/Hubitat-Samsung%20TV%20Remote%20Driver.groovy

Appreciation:

• @Cal for test support and the ignoreSSLIssue hint (not documented in webSocket)
  • Other users for test support.

Next:
Determine methods to expand application access
Get ability for explicit volume via UPNP (note this will not work with external devices (i.e., Soundbars) installed via HDMI ARC interface.)

2 Likes

see changes. Most likely do not need external NodeJS Server. Sorry for the inconvenience.

wohoooooo.

You did it!!!

It works great on 2017 model.

You sir are awesome! Tested on 2018 model. Works like a charm! Congrats!!!

Invalid link.

Trying to setup some samsung tv's without using an external NodeJS server but only a few commands are working on any of the TV's. Mute YouTube and Netflix are the only ones I noticed that worked. It's probably me doing something wrong but can't find the readme to see what I missed.

Working well without NodeJS server, awesome! :clap: :clap: :clap:

By the way... I've had a code bounty for a local processing samsung driver and you're the first one to come up with it. Once I test it and get it working I'll send you the bounty cash. Just PM me your info to send it to.

Link to read.me:
Hubitat-Samsung-T/README.md at main · DaveGut/Hubitat-Samsung-T · GitHub

1 Like

Also tested on 2019 model, works fine, all buttons and ON/OFF. Awesome.
qq: why do we have to wait a minute between off and on (note in the driver)?

Lewis. I appreciate the great offer; however, my preference is that you contribute to a charity of your choosing. This has been too much fun to collect a bounty.

2 Likes

Not necessarily one minute, but 10 or so seconds to allow the tv to turn on all interfaces and settle down (i.e., finish start-up functions).

Thanks. I could not have done it without @Cal

2 Likes

Donation submitted to https://cst.dav.org/ along with a company match of an extra $100.

9 Likes