Samsung SmartThings Motion sensor problem

I've used a SmartThings motion sensor at home and had no problem setting it up. When motion occurs it turns on a light then turns it off after a set amount of time.
Now I'm setting up a new Hubitat hub in a different home (location). Picked up a new motion sensor but can't seem to get it to work!!! Since I'm not back home I don't recall what driver I used. Can't seem to find one to work (tried generic Zigbee sensor. Also, can't seem to be able to figure out what code to use to setup my routine. Cant recall if I used simple lighting (which now I cannot find). I feel like a complete dummy... I've done this before now I can't get it setup. Thanks in advance for your help.
Ken

Let’s try to clarify what you mean by that.

For starters, does it correctly show motion active and inactive when you’re looking at the device settings page?

My Samsung SmartThings Motion sensor is using the Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor driver.
Device page data shows as:

Check yours, you might need to reset and re-pair the device.

Also using Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor.
I am using some for primarily motion sensors and some for primarily temperature sensors.
No problems.

My guess for the code for your routine would be the Motion
Lighting App, once you get the device to update its Active/InActive status using the Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor.

1 Like

Make sure in the device page at the top right that you see battery, temperature AND motion. Sometimes devices don't add with all their properties. I had 1 out of 3 motion detectors not have motion as a property even though it's identical to the others. I fixed it by changing the device type to something else like smartsense motion, then changing it BACK to generic zigbee motion detector. That added the motion sensor.

2 Likes

Thanks kodack, that solved my motion sensor problem.

I’m also struggling to get these to work. Adds fine to Hubitat, detects motion and temperature, triggers a light to go on and off but then at some point goes offline. Sensor always worked fine with ST hub in same location. If I pull battery it does come back online. Still have the ST hub running and two other motion sensors still working as before properly via ST. Should I take the ST hub and other sensors offline - is that possibly causing problems?

If your ST and HE hubs are running on the same zigbee channel, there could be potential interference.

How would I determine the channel?

in HE it's Settings/Zigbee details, in ST it should be in your hub details (I've not use ST in years)

ST Zigbee

• State: Functional
  • Version: 5.3.0
  • EUI: 286D970002068165
  • Channel: 25
  • Node ID: 0000
  • Pan ID: C814
  • OTA: enabled for all devices
  • Unsecure Rejoin: true

Hubitat

Pan ID: 4EA9
Extended Pan ID: 03722EF2A236430E
Zigbee Status:

Channel 20

As you suggested I'd take the ST hub offline temporarily to see if that fixes things.

All resolved. Now added two additional ST motion sensors and all working as expected.

1 Like