Samsung plug inconsistencies

Hi all.
I have 2 Samsung plugs that read power. But they are both acting weird and not as set up. They are using the generic Zigbee outlet driver. They are both set to report if power change greater than 5w.
The first one reports every 2min no matter what the power. Just a repeat of power = Xw over and over no matter what it is, even if exactly the same.
The second is set the same but only reports back occasionally. It will show Yw and then nothing for hours. if I click refresh it will suddenly change by 15w.
Why is the one reporting even when it shouldn't and the other not when it should?
I'm assuming I've set something up wrong. If unsuitable driver I would expect them to be working wrong in the same way.
Any advise.
Thanks.
Alan

I know you said you saw the other thread but...have you run Configure? If so and it still didn't help, consider resetting and re-pairing the device. Don't delete it from Hubitat first; it will be recognized as the same device when you re-pair, so should be pretty easy. (The idea is to both reset the device in case something got messed up and to make it hear the configure commands from Hubitat, which should run on pairing, in case that didn't work during regular use for whatever reason).

Probably worth suggesting in that other thread too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I'll give it a go in the morning and if works will let them know in the other thread.

Ok. Weird one. I reset the plugs but have been away for work so haven't been able to test functionality but did note that on 2 of the plugs I did this with they lost ability to set the power change threshold (or whatever that is called). The option just disappeared. I will do a more thorough test when back home.