Samsung motion detectors stuck on active - Resolved

Any reason why several of my old Samsung motion detectors would be stuck on "active"? Batteries are OK.

When this happens, after verifying battery status, I re-pair the item in place without removing it, until it properly reports motion status.

It may have lost its repeater or route back to the hub, although theoretically Zigbee should find a new route rapidly, when a repeater drops, assuming a strong enough signal is available

1 Like

Did you test the battery with an external tester? I have two of the Samjin manufactured Samsung motion sensors, and when its CR2 dies, it often shows something like 20% remaining via the driver, but it’s stuck on Active.

If I pull the battery and test it with my MBT-1 tester, it’s completely flat. One of many reasons the battery levels in the drivers should generally be considered a rough estimate and nothing more.

1 Like

I just replaced the batteries.
I re-paired the sensors and they seem to be working now.
Thanks for the replies!

2 Likes

normally you don't need to do this, replacing the batteries should bring them back on line without re-joining them to the hub.

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple Iris V2 sensors that I just had to hit configure after popping the battery in to get them to start reporting correctly again. I always try that first before resorting to resetting the device.