Samsung Hubitat TV Integration (2016 and later)

Working. I think I found a command that does what I need.

2 Likes

Fix in work already.

3 Likes

Version 1.3.2 now available. Uses same paths/HPM as in thread top.

Beta 1.3.2

• Fixed art mode function.
  • Modified play/pause to work as Enter if no media is present (this will pause/play external (HDMI) media, if available) by passing command on HDMI/CEC interface. Also enables play/pause interface on Media Player dashboard tile.
  • Added mute toggle to allow single tile mute in addition to use of Media Play dashboard tile.
4 Likes

A couple of things I'm getting on with my Crystal UHD.

It doesn't appear to be updating the Switch state (on or off). It's always shows "On"

I'm also getting a "Connection Refused" with the reset update.

I can control everything through the device page, however. (On, Off, Volume, etc."

Thanks!

I set the Device Refresh Interval to 5 minutes and I'm getting a lot of 2020-12-13 13:56:51.060 [warn] connect timed out messages...

I have 8 Samsung TV's connected via this driver and none are actually refreshing or showing the correct on/off status.. As said above, the commands work great including on/off, but the status isn't there yet.

I will look at. set refresh to 60 minutes to reduce error messages.

Dave

Just went in to HPM and hit update. No updates available ?!?

Then I realized I was running update on my C7 and not on the C5 were I have lan/cloud interface running.

Geesh.

:relaxed:

Does anyone know if this works with the Samsung Q70T (2020) series TV? I've got the virtual device setup and the IP input. But the only thing that works is the YouTube button. I'm really looking for the notifications to work.

Notifications do not work yet. Having issues and I will explain here for all to understand.

• On/Off state is accurate if you use the Hubitat interface to turn the set on or off. Otherwise not yet.
  • When using the physical remote (or Fire TV remote) to turn on/off, following issues occur.
    • All standard. If the TV is in off (standby) state, Hubitat generates non-maskable timeout messages for each poll.
    • Websocket:
      • Heavy overheat in hubitat to detect on. Not as bad for detecting off.
      • Time from turning off to off detection is 30 to 50 seconds.
    • HTTP SOAP Action:
      • Good at detecting off.
      • Long lag from turning on until a valid return is received to generate the on state.

I am still trying. Looking at using a simple HTTP message as well as a specific discovery message. Still feel it will generate unsatisfactory results when turning on, fairly good for turning off.

4 Likes

Will have something out tomorrow or late today. Running extended on-time tests to verify few or no false "off" states are detected using quick poll method. (so far 4 hours).

Dave

3 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work!

Forgive my ignorance here, @djgutheinz how do I configure the driver? The readme in GitHub is lite on directions. I'm using a Frame TV.

I have the virtual device setup with the driver, see the hubitat device making a call to my TV, TV prompting to authorize, and see a unique token in my hubitat logs. I don't see where to set the token in the hubitat device from the default 12345678.

This is awesome btw, much better than the IFTT hack I have been using.

The driver will capture the token automatically. It sometimes takes two tries for the token to load. After that, all functions except Notifications will work. To use your tv for notifications (kind of funky display), you will need to get a key from the voices RSS link (that page is fairly self-explanatory).

New version with quick on/off polling enabled. See top of this thread for linkage data. Version is 1.3.3.

Changes in he 1.3 series:

• Beta 1.3.0
    • Added UPnP commands to set level, mute, playStatus, and notifications.
    • Added artMode (toggle) command and removed access to ArtModeOn, ArtModeOff, ArtModeStatus
    • Removed Source1, Source1, Source3, Source4, and TV commands. Use HDMI or Source instead.
    • Removed following Button Interface: on, off, artModeOn, artModeOff, artModeStatus, volumeUp, volumeDown, mute
  • Beta 1.3.2
    • Fixed art mode function.
    • Modified play/pause to work as Enter if no media is present (this will pause/play external (HDMI) media, if available) by passing command on HDMI/CEC interface. Also enables play/pause interface on Media Player dashboard tile.
    • Added mute toggle to allow single tile mute in addition to use of Media Playdashboard tile.
  • Beta 1.3.3
    • Created quick poll routine using port 9197 and path /dmr (hard coded response).
    • Created command "setQuickPoll" with enumerated values in seconds to turn on and off quick polling.
    • Modified Refresh to use quick poll to determine on/off state and then update data only if the device is on.
    • Fixed art mode status to attain correct value (requires testing)
3 Likes

Awesome thanks, for some reason it took a couple tries for the token to get captured.

I'm seeing a groovy error in the logs, any idea what the issue may be?

[dev:2625] 2020-12-14 16:52:02.051 [error]groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: event for class: java.lang.String on line 362 (parse)

What types of notifications are you planning to implement. Judging by your code, it looks like TTS is the only type of notification. I was hoping for a pop up text notification. Are you planning that type of notification? Do you know where I might find documentation on how to implement that type of notification?

1 Like

I have yet to find a notification text window within the current capabilities. This includes significant searches on GitHub. You used to be able to do it; however, Samsung has removed a lot of capability interfaces in favor of the Tizen program environment.

1 Like

line 362 is a parse for artMode status. I will look at another means to fix.

Dave

I need a way to redo the mac on one of the TV's. I'm switching it over to wired but it's holding onto the wireless mac and therefor wol isn't working.

Send me the results of YOURIP:8001/api/v2/ in your browser window, identifying the line with your LAN MAC (it will be different than WIFI). Editable version is preferred (so I can work the parsing). Will try to update by COB Wednesday (Texas time).

Dave