Samsung Hubitat TV Integration (2016 and later)

How do you abstract the application ID for various apps that natively run or can be downloaded. I have xfinity TV and Youtube TV that I am trying to have simplify the integration into. Please advise if there is some sort of debug or if I packet capture (TCPDUMP) on my WAN port to determine this information. I have both 2020 and 2019 Samsung TIZEN OS TV's/

Thanks

I just bought a Samsung "Frame" TV because of your integration. The work you've done here looks fantastic. Going to be playing with this tonight / tomorrow. @djgutheinz

1 Like

There is no simple way. I found a list of apps and codes for Samsung on-line. Dave

I'm about to do this thanks to the Black Friday deals.
Please post back how it goes, and I don't get mine until the new year.

Started using Mirror Me along with HubConnect and the ST's TV devices to help keep the remote in sync. Also added the community app Boot Me Up Scottie for the WOL aspect. With all these it's become pretty reliable now.

What is Mirror Me? I was using HubConnect with my ST hub and Boot Me Up Scottie, but I found the problem with ST losing connection more annoying than anything... Looking to maybe put a zigbee plug on the end of each TV so I can "restart" them when that happens... Samsung really sucks at all this... I have one Vizio TV outside and the Community Vizo driver on here works phenomenal.

This driver works great for control, but I also want to see if the TV is on or not so I can power it off when gone... Hoping this driver gets there soon. I know the OP is pretty busy so I'm glad for his work so far.

Mirror me is a built-in app that sends the on or off command depending on the parent device in this case the ST side TV. So that if the TV is turned on or off outside of this driver it changes the state for you so when you for example tell it to turn off the TV it's already set to on and Google or Alexa will take the off command. I use a zigbee plug to reset the problematic Living Room TV with the external smarthub for the TV daily around 5am. I may add a zigbee plug to the twins tv also at some point but it's been working really well so far.

Living Room Samsung TV is the ST side copied over from ST using HubConnect. Living Room TV is the Hubitat side using the Samsung Hubitat TV Integration driver.

1 Like

Ok cool... I'll try playing with it. On another note, did you build a custom HubConnect driver for the TV's or just use the AVR for the Hubitat side?

I just used the AVR driver. The ST side I don't care about anything but on off so it works well for this. For control I use the integration driver.

1 Like

This is working great with my Samsung Crystal TV

I installed the driver too and it works. My question is what do you guys automate with it?

My wife sleeps with a fan in addition to the ceiling fan for noise while she's sleeping and it's annoying when it's on and I'm trying to watch TV.

In the living room I have it turn on the other components.

Also use it for my younger daughter's TV to turn it off on school nights after 10 and another to keep it off.

Also have it turn on the TV when the wife takes a bath in the evening and off when she leaves but I'm reworking the rule a bit so don't have an example at the moment.

1 Like

There is an update coming in the next week. Will clean up what was talked about earlier in this thread plus add the following already tested on my 2020 and 2015 sets.

• setVolume(volume)
  • getVolume
  • getMute
  • getPlaybackStatus
  • speak (as in an announcement)
  • other cleanups.

Dave

3 Likes

This update going to include the polling?

Love the driver! Any possibility to change the name from "Hubitat-Samsung Remote" to something like "Samsung TV"? The "Hubitat" is redundant in the HE environment and makes identifying the driver less intuitive. And it's not really a remote, unless you control the TV from the device page. Thanks!

1 Like

I personally like Samsung TV Integration for the app name.

Yes. I will add a poll frequency. Thinking fastest will be every minute. Could do faster (like the Kasa devices) - but may cause Hub performance (stability) issues.

Dave

1 Like

Maybe add an option for user selectable frequency so they can adjust if they want more frequent or less if their hub is heavily loaded. 1 minute is plenty fast enough for me though.

Nothing implemented, YET. By I do plan on trigger items when the TV is on or off. For example, when I get my blinds automated, I have a window that puts a glare on my TV. When I turn the TV, I will have it close the blinds on that window.

Then there might be lighting adjustments, and so on.

WILCO. Will do using Kasa Device paradigm. A bit more complicated code, but tested.

1 Like